Thursday, March 19, 2009

Nick in the Lion's Den

Well, Nick braved the Lebanon trailer park Neighborhood Watch meeting, about the dozens of cats in the park unfixed. He said for about the first twenty minutes they were not very nice about the issue, wanting him to take them all away or shoot them. When he told them he was only there to offer help fixing them, and if they were going to demand otherwise he was leaving, they settled down, and some, he claims, even offered to help.

Brave guy. I hate those sorts of meetings. In fact, I prefer to slip into such a situation in the middle of the night, when everyone is dead drunk or in highly medicated sleep states, and just silently trap the cats and be gone, with them reappearing "marked" (with an eartip) magically a couple nights later. I've just worn out over the years on the stress of human interaction over cats in places where people don't fix them.

Nick hasn't done much of that "field work". He's fresh blood and yahoo, am I ever glad it wasn't me this time getting yelled at or asked to do it all.

My right arm and shoulder are painful and partly useless, due to pinching nerves. But at least right now my face isn't in spasms and twitches. I think it might be two weeks or more, if ever, before I'm back to being sort of functional again. Most of the time I fake it anyway. Most of the time I'm in some sort of significant pain. I don't really even know what I did to trigger this. Maybe I sleep walk and enter kick boxing contests with twenty year olds while sleepwalking. That would explain it.

Nick says I've been under too much stress, haven't gotten away for years, decades maybe, and that my muscles are constantly in a state of action, due to the constant phone ringing and always it's something somebody wants me to do right then for them and often it is an abusive call too, and there's usually neglected, abused, badly injured, abandoned or worse cats involved. That's too much stress to take every single day alone and its affecting me.

I think he's probably right. I said I wonder when they'll stop demanding on me, when I'm laying in the street kicking and twitching and gasping my last breath on Earth? He said even then they'd kick me, wanting me to get up, tell me I was faking death, that they needed some cat caught right now. He's probably right on that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...