Friday, March 27, 2009

Bummed, Totally

Here is Electra, on my bed, two days after three teeth were pulled and her broken lower jaw bone was wired together.
Electra again, with lower jaw shaved.
The brown tabby stray female, rounded up by tenants worried about her, at the trailer park, to be fixed. It's a shame she has to go back there, to live as a stray, even though she has been fed by several people.

I am bummed today. I suppose pain is one reason. I gave my spots away yesterday to some Lebanon trappers, then today, I was going to take in two more Heatherdale cats, one a free roaming pregnant calico, loosely owned. The trailer woman said she would have her cat, also a female, also likely pregnant and the calico, inside this morning. I warned her not to bring them out when I arrived, that I would hand carriers through the door.

What does she do when I arrive? She marches out with her female in her arms. I tell her to go back in the trailer with her cat and I'll bring her a carrier but she won't and comes towards the car with her. Of course the cat suddenly freaked, clawed her, was dropped, and ran off.

She claimed the calico, the one she "loosely owns" had "not come out of hiding" wherever she was, outside, last night so she could call her into the trailer. Well, she was right across the street, eating food on another porch. The woman tried to call her over from that porch, but the pregnant calico wouldn't come and finally I had to leave. The calico is quite pregnant. That's all Heatherdale needs, is more kittens born under some trailer.

Unfortunately, this was her last chance to be fixed because I'd given my spots to the Lebanon trappers.

So it's tough luck for me and for the calico. I failed to make appointments far enough in advance at my vet, so I don't have anymore until mid April, long after the calico will have produced more kittens for Heatherdale that nobody will want and that will die horrible deaths or go on to form new colonies. It's really dismal sometimes. I did not know about this calico until yesterday late.

I haven't had human contact for too long, not anything normal that is. I don't know where to get it anymore. I guess I've given up on finding human companionship. I don't want to be one of those totally alone people until one day neighbors see emergency vehicles out front of my place, and they ask police, as they haul out my dead body, "So she's been dead like three months? Eeeewwwww!"

I don't watch much TV anymore either. I used to watch CNN, the weather channel, History channel etc, but I no longer get any channels except the three major networks. The shows they air are fairly lame, to be honest, not very interesting. I watch the news, half hour of local, half hour of national and that is about it on TV.

I've rented a few movies lately but nothing really was worth the watching, to be honest again in my opinions of the movies I chose. I used to like "The Office" but it's not as funny as it once was, I don't think. I once watched Dancing with the Stars, but that got old, too. There was a good line last night on Office, however, after Michael told his coworkers he'd just quit. One coworker confessed to the camera, "I love a good quitting story. It makes me feel like I have some control over my own life," then he kind of fades out, looking down, like he knows he could never quit and doesn't have much control over his life--the classic "Office" message inquiry into drudgery and why and how people endure it.

I do like The Amazing Race. Not only for how the teams interact but how they react to different cultures. Plus it's like taking a reality trip through far away places that I will never see. I think it's fascinating to see these other countries and cultures as they show them on Amazing Race.

I don't read books anymore. I should I know. So hard to find one I like. I've never been to the Albany library. I have no plans to go either. Finding a good book to read in the library is tough also, unless you know what you're looking for before you go, like going to a video store to rent a movie without first creating a list of movies to look for that you might like. I have gone to video stores and wandered and wandered then left without renting any movie. It's shocking to see the violent horror flick after horror flick lining the rental movie walls. It's the preferred genre these days I would have to guess.

Anyhow, I had a bad night's sleep last night with the other Heatherdale cat in my bathroom, which takes space up, from the hordes of others here, and with Yoyo's constant hissing at the other cats. He has not fit in well here, although he's a little sweetheart with people. I believe he was victimized quickly by the bullies, when I was gone, and is now afraid of all my cats. I don't have enough space or rooms here to give him a room of his own, unfortunately. That cuts down on space, crowding the others, which causes problems, too.

I need to get cracking on finding some homes for some of these cats. That's something productive I could be doing.

I believe I discovered where it was that Electra suffered a fall, hitting her chin and breaking that fragile lower jaw. It's in the garage room. I am going to carpet those runs so they will not be so slick for the cats. I am actually in the process of doing that right now, in fact. Upper ones first.

Electra is recovering rapidly and beginning to eat everything in sight and even play again. Miss Daisy is feeling extremely good, after having two more teeth pulled, and playing wildly.

UPDATE: So the tubby the tabby, from Heatherdale, was indeed very pregnant. She was spayed today. No sense a stray having kittens under some trailer. She's so nice, too, to have been abandoned by someone. She'll need to stay here and recuperate at least through the weekend.

My vet clinic, when I told them about the other preggie at Heatherdale, said they'd work her in next Thursday, since I laxed in getting appointments. This is wonderful news! It's a relief, actually, because I would have been asked to catch and take on her kittens, when they emerged from under some trailer. I love my vet clinic!

4 comments:

  1. have you read the book i gave you for your birthday yet? A Snowflake in my Pocket????? I think you'll like it.....and don't forget to watch the Triangle and Bell, Book and Candle....and Fly Away Home.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Jeanne, I have to have some time to do things, clean litterboxes, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn cats won't stop pooping so I can read a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'll send you some heavy duty cat constipators so you can read that book!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Dog in the Road

 I went to get groceries yesterday morning fairly early. I was expecting visitors, brief ones, pop in and out, so I wanted to get done with ...