Thursday, February 19, 2009

Saving Change Pays Off in Tires

I had more than enough in change saved, to cash it in and have bucks for tires today. I called around to find some I could afford. I ended up getting "take off" tires, four for $280, including balance and installation, free rotation, blancing and flat fix, for life of tires. That's not bad at all.

They're PrimeWheel, a medium grade passenger car tire, manufactured in August of 08.

Take off tires are just tires either tested by the company on vehicles for 30 days or tires put on new cars, that the new owner has "taken off" for alternate tires they buy. They have almost zero wear, usually less than a thousand miles but cannot be sold as new.

I will soon have enough change saved also to replace my badly broken and now moisture leaking windshield. Saving change adds up more quickly than you might imagine.

1 comment:

  1. nice!!
    we save up all our change too & it's kinda fun putting it in the plastic sorter and seeing it roll to it's spot.

    little thrills :)

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...