Sunday, February 22, 2009

Not a Single Call

I did not get a single call on my ad, which ran for four days. Not even one. It's quite scary actually. I keep adding on cats here, from situations, and I can't adopt out a cat for the life of me. Very bad. I can't afford all these cats. And I don't have the room for all of them. I'm not sure what to do. I'll put up fliers I guess.

The folks interested in Miato are on their way to Mexico by now, on vacation. She saw him on craigslist and he looks like the cat they had, whom they loved, killed by a vicious stray dog, who was then shot by a neighbor. She had hoped to be able to call me but did say they weren't really looking for a cat, just were struck by how much he resembled their old cat. She was extremely busy getting ready for their vacation. They never contacted me back. The person who claimed to be interested in Rags never actually called. It might have been someone joking around, since it was just through e-mail over a period of over a week.

So, although I was hopeful, I'm really getting worried. I don't want even more cats here. I just can't take care of all of them permanently. I do not have the resources, space, or time. I've got to find a way to get them into homes. I need to compete better with these big fixed place shelters and with the likes of KATA and their numerous adoption venues. But how?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...