Saturday, February 21, 2009

Miato and Rags Still Here

I don't either adoptor will actually end up adopting. I did not hear from either of them today. So, the ad is still running tomorrow. I can always hope. I think I'll try to run an ad in Eugene. It's quite a long distance, but maybe I'll have some luck there.

I got a call from the vet clinic with two more names of folks with a small number of cats needing fixed each. One woman way out in the rural Jefferson area, did want me to take them all away, but understood when I said I could not. So I'll try to trap those tomorrow. It's only four. Another woman I help with cats befoe has one needing fixed and another woman, has two, that are tame.

So that's 9 more if I can catch the four ferals and those will likely be all I take in next week. I'm slowing down because the money is short, in part. I'm stove up again, with the partially blocked intestine thing going (from surgical adhesions most likely). It's quite painful and inhibits my ability to do much of anything.

I'm developing a contract for people to sign, if I agree to help them with ferals, outlining what their part of the endeavor will be, which will likely be either doing the trapping themselves, or donating so much per cat and for gas. If they trap themselves, there will be a trap deposit and a small trap rental charge per day. It's what I have needed to do, but just never got around to doing, so that people don't exploit free labor to get cats they feed fixed. If anyone has any other ideas, I would appreciate the suggestions. Those Lebanon people of last week inspired me to get into gear and get it written up.

I started to make a cat tree out of a few pieces of scrap wood I have and some carpet scraps, but my saw broke in the middle of it today. It's kind of dysfunctional saw I got at Goodwill awhile back. It used to heat up after about two minutes. I now get a few minutes more, after rewiring it, but the saw blade goes loose after one cut, and sometimes in the middle of a cut. I tighten it all up and it just goes loose again. That I can't figure out. I even changed the bolt thinking that would help. I don't know what is causing that to loosen constantly.

I have one cat tree, but it's shredded! The shelves are loose and one fell off, so it's time to make a new one. I'll get it done. Maybe tomorrow. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow. The cats would love it!

3 comments:

  1. I think a contract sounds like a great idea as it would keep you from being taken advantage of so much.

    I'm sorry your saw (a handheld circular saw?) isn't working. Maybe you could pick one up at an estate sale. I figure that most saws from Goodwill or about shot or else they wouldn't be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a contract is a great idea...now lets hope those folks are literate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snowbrush, garage sale season is coming. I am an addict. I love garage sales. But, maybe I can find a good saw at one this spring.

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...