Friday, January 23, 2009

Caught that Torti!

I sat downtown in my car forever, with the drop trap set, waiting for that torti to show. Then finally, I ambled over and peeked through the window of the garage. There she was, curled up in a pile of old thin clear plastic on an old couch.

I thought "I'm not sitting in this car anymore, when I can net her."

I discovered only one outside hole in the perimeter of the garage. I got the son, who takes care of his disabled dad during the day, and he blocked the main entrance the cats enter and exit from. We blocked the perimeter hole, too. Then we went in. There was lots of stuff inside. I finally located the torti hiding behind a bunch of stuff but she ran just then, into more junk. The son tied the door securely shut so he could help, by moving things.

She got behind the couch behind a ladder and a board and then she made a run for it, through boxes of junk. I dove with the net, missed twice, caught her in mid air on the third attempt as she leaped over more boxes. I was leaning over junk hanging onto other junk as I netted her, pulled her up, turned the open hoop flat against the side of an old frig and twisted the netting between the hoop and her, so she couldn't escape.

I had the son move the trap to a relatively open place and there, transferred her into the trap. We gave each other spontaneous high fives and we were "woohooing" in the garage. He said "I want to shake your hand seeing that." So we shook hands.

So she's caught. She's being picked up by the person taking her to the clinic this evening. I was glad to have caught her. She's the last unfixed cat there.

3 comments:

  1. JOdy you have got to start bringing a camcorder with you on these jaunts...i bet you could knock the socks of the latest utube comedians anyday...."catantics"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a "helmet cam"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, youtube would be good.

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...