Saturday, January 24, 2009

Caught 8 So Far

One of 8 cats I've trapped at one Albany colony today, to be fixed at tomorrow's FCCO clinic.

I found a new colony in the Felony Flats district of Albany. Coincidentally, the cats I've been trapping there, for today's clinic, are the same cats Dr. Fletcher was hoping to get into this clinic. I heard from someone who is a client of his, that he had been looking for my number, to help trap some cats. I didn't know they were these cats. When I talked to the man, he had taken in a cat last week that had to be euthanized due to a severe spinal cord injury. He told Dr. Fletcher that he was feeding strays. It was then they tried to find my number, but couldn't find it listed anywhere. In the end, he was given NIck's number to call to register cats for the clinic.

The colony caretaker never called.

Instead, I had happened onto the colony another way. I'd been talking to a woman two houses down. Last summer, I got a feral torti fixed for her who had four or five tiny kittens. I had urged her to tame them, but she never did. Over time, she told me two days ago, when I again contacted her about getting them fixed, they had disappeared. She thought a man down the street might be feeding them. She went and talked to him, and the man and his wife called to say they were feeding ten or so area strays and did need help getting them fixed.

That's how I happened to be trapping the same cats for tomorrow's clinic that Dr. Fletcher was trying to get trapped to be fixed for the clinic. Small world!

So far, the couple has trapped 8, mostly males, with three or four more still needing trapped. I have two white males. I have one torti and one torbi. I have two black long hairs, one a male. I have a big brown tabby short hair male. And I have an orange tabby long hair male. I also checked the sex on a manx tabby tux they feed and he is already fixed. He's currently in their shop.

Who's left? At least two of the kittens, now young adults, one an orange tabby, the other a torti, and a long hair brown tabby male, and maybe one more torti.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...