Sunday, December 28, 2008

Here's the huge gray male I trapped up under the Highway 34 overpass. I have not been back to try to catch the starving calico, have been too worn out, trying to do too many things.
Here is the little kitten, a gray tux female, no body weight to her at all, whom I trapped in the night Friday night, at the rest area, when after the lost Siamese. This little girl was at death's door, nearly starved to death, and it's long term, not just a couple of days, and dehydrated. She's very tame and very grateful, just a purr face sweetheart.

I can't go after cats I have no place for, never meant to catch the big gray male or the black adult or the gray tux kitten at the rest area. I have too many now and have had zero luck placing any lately. But, I might have a barn home willing to take the gray male and the black adult, which is a big help, if it pans out.

I have to have somewhere the calico could go too, if I caught her. There are still those four young adult at Columbus Greens. I don't know if the family of the old woman is feeding them or not. They had said they would for awhile, but I don't know how long. I cannot place all these cats. In fact, it's tough for me to place even one, have no luck placing any for ages.

It can drive me nuts to think about that tame Siamese up there, suddenly on her own in strange territory. That's why I went. And I wore myself out, too, catching other cats I never knew were there.

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness that little grey tuxie looks so teeeeeny - smaller than your hand?? Big Hunk, on the other hand, looks ready to burst outta the cage lol.....I think the cats find you Jody....all we need now is for the siamese to find you, and callie needs to findyou. I hope the barn home works for the adults.

    ReplyDelete

Dog in the Road

 I went to get groceries yesterday morning fairly early. I was expecting visitors, brief ones, pop in and out, so I wanted to get done with ...