Monday, August 25, 2008

Obama

I was told about the pizza party Thursday in Albany, wherever it is, to watch and celebrate Obama's acceptance speech, by the Obama Oregon campaign worker woman I accidentally called back, thinking it was a call from a woman wanting to adopt a rescued kitten.

I don't want to hear the acceptance speech. It'll be the same words he spoke in Albany, pretty much, when here campaigning. I went to the Obama speech, for the ambulance chasing thrill of it. That ticket I got is how the Obama campaign has my personal information now.

He was painfully tired that day. I know all the signs of exhaustion. I have experience. I just was aching to tell everybody to go away, leave him alone, and don't you see he's drop dead tired. And I wanted those secret service people to do their real jobs of protecting him, including to make sure he gets enough sleep, even if they have to force it on him, and for them to go get him a nice bed and post guard and let him sleep, cell phone and Obama fan free, for like ten hours. I dream of doing just that. It was painful to see him keep going, with that speech, and the people feeding off him, and him having to perform the "Got Hope?" thing, when I knew he wanted to collapse somewhere.

All the towns must have looked the same to him by then, and the people too, and he'd have to somehow personalize each little town's speech to make the people feel like he understood each town and liked it better than the rest and that it and the people in it were very special. I wonder if he hated playing that game in the end, because it would be difficult to even remember what year it was, when running that kind of schedule, for so long, let alone what little teeny town you're in this hour.

I am not interested in hearing another speech. Words. Anybody can speak words. I am looking for some action. Oh, it's change, you're promising, Mr. Candidate?
OK, let's see some then. Cough up some change!

Yup, that's what I'm looking for, action change. Not flowery words about change, although who doesn't like a good well written pep talk? Especially later on, taken out of context.

I'm voting Obama. Sure I am. Why would I not?

See, we as a country are deep in the doodoo field, where all the off leash dogs roam around dropping their doodoo. The owners are racing around in circles after their dogs. Some folks are trying to instruct the dogs on how to hold it, so they don't doodoo in the field. Others are trying to instruct the owners on how to properly use a doggee doodoo pickup bag. And everybody is knee deep in dog shit.

We, as a country, need to find our way out of the doggee doodoo field.

McCain is way out there in the middle of the doodoo field. Obama's only about ten feet into the field so far. So that there is why I'm voting for Obama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...