Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Crapola

I heard from someone ten days ago I hadn't heard from in awhile. She knew of some abandoned kittens and I told her I couldn't take them. Then I ran into her at the vet. She had one of the kittens she'd taken in. She showed him to me, then I had to get going. The next thing I know, she's calling me asking if she can house the kitten here, stating she'll come every day to take care of him. Yeah right. This woman lives literally ten minutes away and since I moved to Albany, she's come here twice, and hasn't been here for four months. I knew she would just abandon him here, and I'd not hear from her again.

Nice try, lady, I thought. She'd made her pitch to dump the cat here after saying we should do something fun, like go to a movie Thursday--like a bribe, although I knew well enough that she would never follow through with going to a movie either.

I'd said "no" once already, to these kittens and one "no" from me means "no". Then she wanted her rabbit hutch back. She gave it to me nine months ago, said she never wanted it back. Now she wants it back. Fine, I said, come get it. But she never came and got it. It's still sitting out there waiting. In about a month, I'll put it back in the garage maybe.

The seven cats fixed Monday put me over my limit with Poppa funds for the month. Darn it anyhow, since they were supposed to be fixed at that slow slow FCCO clinic. I am trying to figure out how I can make money for Poppa funded fixes. I'm not good at that at all. I'm no fundraiser. I wouldn't even know how to do it. I'm sure people would love to send suggestions, but I don't want suggestions. I would like some help. How about if you have a fundraising suggestion, you implement it and make some money for Poppa? That'd be wonderful!

I'm going to go check out the possible Snowman home, but it's not ideal in that it's high profile predator country and the man is going to let him be indoor outdoor, plus there is a very busy road nearby. So I am hedging on sending Snowman off to such a place and likely to his death. It's a very nice man who wants to adopt him, but it's not a good area for a cat to live safely. I know I should not send him there, but what am I going to do with all these cats in this house?

5 comments:

  1. Hey, you should put a paypal link or amazon.com link on your blog for yourself. It won't bring you oodles of money, but it really does help. My blog readers donate about $600 a year to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got one for Poppa. It's on the left up there. Cat photo. Green Donate to Poppa words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We send in a donation. It's not much, but it's something.

    The local newspaper is running a Pet Idol fundraiser. It's $15 to enter your picture in the contest and then it's $1.00 per vote.

    It's nice to say if you have a suggestion, set it up and implement it, but it's hard when you are in Oregon and we are in Florida. If you were here, we would help you with you work, but you are not. So we help 4 Paws when we can, which is the local organization that does trap and release.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do you think about these automated liter boxes?

    http://www.litter-robot.com/litter-robot.aspx?id=13

    Expensive but if you got one for free would it be helpful?

    My ex has one for a few years now and it really does work. That said, it does require the clumping litter but you can use any garbage bag (of right size) so it isn't proprietary for long term costs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Diamond, don't worry, my words about implement were only for locals, if I have any local readers. I'm not sure that I do, actually. I would not expect people from other states to donate for spay neuter for the mid valley, rather than for their own area and that is great that you help in your area. Any spay anywhere is a good spay.

    Dickey, I'll check out that website for that sort of litterbox. I don't buy the clumping litter however, so I would initially not think it would be something I could use. But thank you so much for offering.

    ReplyDelete

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...