Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I need to get away and I need some human contact

Is there anybody out there who wants to do something fun? I have not had fun in ages. I haven't had anybody to do anything with for ages. I am desperately lonely and being fed upon more and more.

All you people who say to just go take a walk and that will be enough, what a bunch of baloney. Hey, you try it. You try going for days and weeks and months and years on end, without any meaningful human contact, nobody to do things with, to chat and joke with, to watch movies with, go on hikes with, go swimming or camping with---you go try it, and don't be telling me "go take a walk" if you don't know what it is like to live alone, exist alone, without any support or friendship or family whatsoever. You live in vaccuum of human contact for decades. Then you tell me what to do. But not before.

Lately I've just given in, to the demands from people to take cats. It's sick, I know. I have no adoption venue. I get no funding to do this. People prey on me. It's time to stop this. If I were being paid, different story. If people were donating a fair share or anything, be a different story. People are laying work and burdens on me cheerfully because they can then resume their lovely lives guilt free. While I have no life. None.

Nobody even returns my equipment. They expect that I travel to do that. I've got equipment in Shedd and they want me to come all the way out to get it. I had equipment at the BS overflow but will they return it? Fuck no. And yet if they say they'll return it, it has to be on their time. It's fucking sicko. I can't find decent people out there.

I can't go anywhere, even for one night, because I have no one to care for all these cats.

I can't find homes for them, either. I've had one inquiry of late. ONE, that's it. Someone who wants to adopt an unfixed kitten, but won't or can't provide a vet reference even though they claim to have had many dogs and cats. Apparently, none ever visited a vet? I can't figure that one out. I've told them I don't adopt out unfixed kittens to people I don't know or who can't provide proof they are diehard spayaholocs. That's just the way it is.

I'm not going to take in kittens that then go out there and become part of the problem. I'm trying to fatten these kittens up to spay weight. And now Purrly, from the BS and Little Miss Sunshine, a delightful Siamese mix, getting to be an older kitten, are just on the verge of not being cute enough kitten types to have much of an adoption future. Without an adoption venue I am sunk. Wish one of these nonprofits would let me adopt out with them, but they won't. I stopped in at Petco the other day and low and behold both KAT and Spay Inc were up there, adopting out cats, because they can. They had the money to become nonprofit. I don't. So I'm fucked.

I try to stay clear of Petco, for that reason. They help every other rescue operation except me. It just hurts me, to be so called upon by my community and yet so ignored, when it comes to community support. I feel like an abused woman. I am being used and abused by Linn and Benton county residents. I like helping cats and having something to do, but unless I get some support I'm going to have to shut down and leave. And I do want to leave.

Well anyhow.

6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you are feeling down, Jody. What you are doing to help all these cats is just amazing. You are an angel. I wish I could help you to become nonprofit, Hopefully someone out there will be able to help you with that. You are a very kind, caring, generous compassionate person. I wish I could do more to help you, but my humans and I made a small donation through the Cat Blogosphere. I wish we could do more, and will try to think of some way we can help. Bless you for all the good work you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. please be strong jody, things are sent to test us (i don't know why!) and we fight ourway back again from the setbacks. you need to do more than go for a walk...what silly advice...try and join some social groups in your area for a start so you can meet people, it's not easy but it must be done if you feel so lonely. isloation is not a good state to be in. please please be strong xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you. I just need a social network. There are not social networks, that I know of, in this area. I don't need some stupid sit around and talk about lonliness group. I just want some fun and someone to have some fun with. But I can't find interested parties. I can't find any activity groups at all, except ones that charge excessive fees or things I have no interest in whatsoever, like quilting and scrapbooking or service groups. I know people in local service groups, who also complain that the fundraising and service projects are always done by a very few people, who actually act, while the others join then do nothing. So I've steered clear of those.

    Going nonprofit is a double edged sword, too. I do not have people who would serve on a board, help with books, or actually do anything, so it would likely only produce more work for me. I need an adoption venue, is my main concern. I have been unsuccessful in adopting out many cats at all, since my move here to Albany. Having an adoption venue in Albany probably would not be of much help since the overpopulation is so severe in Linn County that there are excess cats everywhere.

    I need a venue in Salem or Eugene, at the least, to be of much help.

    I really wish I could move to the Eugene area. I would have a much better chance at finding others engaged in helping animals and in finding socialization ops for myself. But moving is hell on Earth and I can't move now, on HUD as I am, until next February. Moving on HUD is also a pain in the neck and very hard. There are not many places that accept HUD now, except for the tenement type complexes full of crime and drugs and crapola.

    Kind of a big dilemma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are a wonderful human who is doing a very wonderful thing in helping those needy animals.

    My human knows all about loneliness. her advice is to get a siamese. They never shut up and you have to spend all your time and money in caring for them. You won't have time for a social life! In fact, why don't I teleport over and demand some attention? xx chin up good lady, you are wonderful!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i second yao-lin's statement! i think you are a wonderful human bean and i really hope you can find some fun stuff to do in your area. it is hard making new friends, even in a big city like London where I live, but you must keep trying, friendships can come from the unlikliest ofplaces! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I have a Siamese, a really cute little girl I named Little Miss Sunshine. She sure wants a home, sure is wonderful. I have a big old guy, Sal, who never stops talking much, more like chirping, mainly at night, at the window, watching the neighbors cats outside. Drives him nuts!

    I think a lot of people are lonely out there, but how to connect with the right people? Big problem. So you are in London, Furry Fighter? What is that like? I've never been to Europe. Have you been to America before, or Oregon?

    ReplyDelete

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...