Sunday, July 19, 2026

Fires Everywhere

Fires everywhere. 

The link takes you to a Portland news station's reporting on the multiple fires burning in central and eastern Oregon.

There's a large one burning down in Jackson County also.

So far, we, west of the Cascades, have lucked out.   We had some spot fires up beyond Green Peter reservoir and near Detroit but they were quickly put out.

We haven't had severely hot weather but we're about to get a little hotter, not bad though.  Lightning Friday started many of the fires.

Last night, the power suddenly went out here.   Seems so common.  When I first moved here power outages were even more common but usually the power is out very briefly.  Last night's outage lasted only a couple of hours, I think.

I have lightbulbs now like in my floor lamp that charge when the lamp is on and plugged in and continue to provide light, from the charge, when power goes out.

I had a scan of my bad knee yesterday morning very very early.  Haven't seen any results yet.   Since I've not got scheduled with ortho yet, I have doubts the scan will be helpful, unless I do get scheduled.  I've been referred to ortho.  Still hoping to maybe get a cortisone injection, but my hopes have faded somewhat.

While the power was out, I went outside in the dark and laid out in my reclining lawn chair and watched the stars.   It was a clear beauitful night.

Anyone have suggestions for funny good movies on Netflix or Tubi or Pluto?

6 comments:

  1. Those light bulbs sound handy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Star gazing was the perfect thing to do when there was no electricity. With so much light pollution these days, it's hard to see as much in the night sky. I'm not familiar with a recharging lightbulbs. I'm gonna have to look into that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend sent them to me. We get lots of power outages here.

      Delete
  3. Another blogger mentioned world emoji day, so check out The Emoji Story on Tubi. It's about how anyone can create an emoji and get it onto everyone's phones. (It's a long process, but it's doable.) Then last weekend I saw for the first time Zach Galifianakis' show called "This is a Gardening Show". (On Netflix.) Him being wacky and talking about actual gardening. It's only like 6 fifteen minute episodes, so not a movie, but...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might be good, thanks. I saw a one season show called Around the Bend or Around the Next Bend on Pluto I think it was, about two guys from Canada who decided to row a raft from New Delhi india to Dhaka Bangledesh. Its really interesting in some ways, although too sad to see all the poverty stricken people and stray dogs fighting for food everywhere. And the filthy rivers.

      Delete

Knee

 Got the MRI report.  Knee pain a mystery no longer.  Have large ganglion cyst below one part of the patellor tendon or ligament.  I think i...