Hot yesterday. I wasn't expecting it because after two hot days, in upper 80's, I had thought a cold front was moving in.
I had it one day off. It's today that may get to 70, with rain tonight and rain the next few days.
The only thing I did was drive down to retrieve my gear from the south county couple.
It was out on their front lawn, so I loaded it and came home.
My knee was throbbing by the time I got home.
I finally got the Xray results on mychart. It's my kneecap. It's not in the groove, now "riding high", slipping this way and that, and the groove mostly full of arthritis. Ouch! So I don't think there's a wait it out fix for this. It was depressing to think this is my new norm. It hurts at night. This morning it is burning and hurts so bad I feel sick.
I have not heard from my doctors office on a plan of action. I've tried to contact through mychart without a reply. Contacting by calling the office isn't going to produce anything, except a very long wait on hold, and probably an offer to make an appointment. Usually that's a long way out. Everything gets referred out now, by a PCP, to someone else, which takes such a long time.
I hate it to be confined mostly at home. I put out a plea on facebook, for anyone going to and from the lake, if I could ride along. I'd take my blow up 15 lb floatie thing, not the hardshell, to be an easy rider. Nothing has come of my post so far. Still hoping.
The Butterfly bushes are blooming. A handful of butterflies have shown up to take advantage of the blooms. This year, I don't see bees. Usually they're everywhere. My yard was covered in dandelion blooms but no bees on them. Although I mowed my lawn the new neighbors still haven't and they have dandelion blooms but still I see no bees.
![]() |
| I got this seat extender and cushion for my car to try to make it less painful to drive. I haven't tried it yet. The seat extender came yesterday. |





I don't know if you would get any positive hits, but have you tried Googling alternative ways to treat a kneecap that won't stay in place?
ReplyDeletethere are a lot of patellar tracking braces, so many I can't figure out which would be right, to try to keep the kneecap where its supposed to be.
DeleteA floating knee cap! No wonder it causes you such problems. Let's hope the treatment will give you some relief. Our butterfly bush isn't blooming yet.
ReplyDeleteOh I've heard that term before, floating knee cap. This was rather a sudden onset happening, not long in the making. I haven't had trouble with either knee for years. I can't figure out why suddenly I've got this whatever it is.
DeleteOuch. I'm so sorry. Being in pain sucks. I hope they can do something for your knee. You can't live like that.
ReplyDeleteNo I can't live like this, I can't sleep easily. Why it bothers me so much at night, I don't know. And driving. I can see why driving would/will irritate my kneecap, but sleeping?
DeleteMy brother in Idaho claims he has utmost faith I will MacGyver a solution to keep my kneecap in the right track. The challenge is on. Ha.
DeleteNow it's for you to work out how to best manage arthritis and what really triggers pain. Not so great having toothache on top of that.
ReplyDeleteI already know what makes my knee hurt-driving and sleeping.
DeleteMedical care in the US is far from what it should be... Which is a polite way of saying... oh, I'm sure you know what.
ReplyDeleteYeah its so strange.
DeleteSo sorry to hear about your knee and tooth. Both of those sound very painful by themselves, so I can only imagine having both at the same time. Hope you can find a way to reduce the pain somehow.
ReplyDeleteMy tooth calmed down and now I have an appointment for a root canal and soon too. As for my knee, I think its better, but I have not been driving so I couldn't say. It really only hurts driving then also at night, for whatever reason. I've altered my car for better driving knee angle.
Delete