I was wrong about the new neighbors.
The loud drunken party in the backyard last night was enough to change my opinion fast.
The music they blasted was sexually explicit. Blasting it out over the neighborhood, all about how to "s@@k d@@k". And more.
And they had a fire going in the fire pit. I seriously do not think drinking heavily and fire ever mix well. Doesn't bode well for my safety and that of the neighborhood.
I stayed up til it quieted down, as there were crashing and breaking sounds going on too. I was worried for safety.
These sorts don't make for good neighbors.
No, they don't. What's the latest they can be loud? We used to know the time for our area, ready to call the police for disturbance if they were loud after that time. (Where I live now is very, very quiet.)
ReplyDeleteI'll have to find out. Someone told me 10, but it may be 7 here. I'll ask the city on Monday.
DeleteThat's a good idea.
DeleteBummer! I hope they settle down.
ReplyDeleteMe too. I don't know who they are, if they work at all or are community college students, don't know. I doubt the owners know the boyfriends are there half the time too and bf's big dog too.
DeleteI felt like giving them a map of where college students live and drink all the time, tell them they'd fit in there a lot better.
DeleteHopefully a one off house warming party. Yes, knowledge about what time parties need to go quiet would be a good idea.
ReplyDeleteThat would be nice.
DeleteThat's disappointing and highly annoying. Do you talk to any of the other neighbors? Could you present a united front and talk to the new neighbors about the loud party?
ReplyDeleteYes I did, party widely heard, even the strange banging crashing that went on, and I have no idea what that was about.
DeleteI don't think they'll last because drinking leads to a lot of other stuff, especially fights and property destruction.
DeleteI hear you and feel your pain. We've neighbors whom I have dubbed Party House. They have a revolving door of people coming over for drinks, drugs, gambling and what-have-you. It's colorful across the way, to say the least.
ReplyDeleteColorful, that's a good way to look at it. We had one house down near the end that turned into a flop house, constant stream of people coming and going doing who knows what. They turned the cul de sac end into a parking lot so no one could turn around there. It was terrifying. They stole from nearest neighbors, destroyed property, they were all they could be, as criminals. A letter signed by every neighbor to the owners got them out finally. I don't think I slept well for months while they and their cohorts roamed the block.
Delete