Thursday, October 12, 2023

14 More Sweet Home Cats and Another Car Problem

 I picked up the 14 Sweet Home cats Tuesday evening, after a day of cleaning up after the Monday trip to Coos Bay.

They had 14 cats ready in traps when I arrived.  Ten were in my traps and four were in their own large traps.  On the way up, dead brained still, from Monday, I worried how I would get all the big traps in the back of the car.  Four big traps is a lot to fit in, along with my own ten small traps.  In my mind, I did jig saw puzzles with the ten smaller traps and the four large ones and settled on a solution before I arrived.

They fit in perfectly from my puzzle solve on the way up.   This is a phohto of 11 of the cats in the back in traps right before I returned them this morning.  The other three large traps were in front of these, but behind the two front seats.



I left my place in pouring rain and heavy gusty winds about 6:00 a.m. yesterday for the Portland clinic.  The rain was so heavy at times, it became hard to see the white lines on the edge of the freeway, but I made it to the clinic just fine.  There was one major stop and go traffic snarl up that went on for about five miles.  It began south of the rest area which is south of Wilsonville.

AFter unloading and checking in the cats, I went to get a cheap fast food bit of breakfast, then to a parking lot where I drank coffee and ate only part of the breakfast.  I was sleepy.  In the parking lot, sat a large flat screen TV someone had dumped there.  It was surreal and I thought how nice if it would magically turn on and I could watch a movie.

I realized I needed to sleep.   I can't do it anywhere in Portland I know of anymore.  The massive number of homeless in all the cities now make it rather awkward to sleep in a car.   I might be hassled if someone or some security guard thinks I'm homeless.

So I headed back down the freeway to the rest area.  The rest area is nice, lots of trees, a restroom, three different parking lots, some specifically for weary travellers who need a long nap.  And I needed one all right.   I crawled into the back and slept for about three hours.


I got home around 6:00 or 6:30 I think.   My car was chirping loudly by then, from the belt side of the engine.  The belts are less than two years old.  Why is one chirping, I thought.  I sent the video to my brother who said its probably an idler pulley bearing.   Great, I thought.  In the meantime, today after returning the 14 cats, I bought some belt conditioner spray.  It hasn't helped.

I'll have to make another mechanic appointment I guess.


I'm just vegetating today.  I'm really sleepy.   


6 comments:

  1. I'm tired just listening to your long days. I hope you can easily make the chirp in you car go away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sprayed it some more with the belt conditioner, like isn't more always better? But I"m too tired to test it out.

      Delete
  2. You totally deserve a veg out day. I really, really hope the chirping is an easy fix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More than one veg out day is in order!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to hear you were able to get a nap while waiting for the cats. Amazing that you were able to fit 14 in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you're having car issues again. ~hugs~ I agree that you deserve some rest. Be well, my dear.

    ReplyDelete

Rain and A Fire in Lebanon

 Rain is back.   At least it came back off and on today, although it wasn't supposed to.   Tomorrow is supposed to be nice, albeit quite...