Monday, May 22, 2023

Sweet Home Cats to the Clinic

 Five more Sweet Home kitties are up being fixed today at the clinic.

This couple catch their own cats.  That makes things easy.  I had left them traps earlier in the week.

By late afternoon yesterday, he'd caught five more.   That makes seven so far fixed here.

I know these are not the greatest photos, but.....maybe I'll get better ones before returning them.  He thinks all four black and whites are boys with the only girl being the torti.  He had names for them already.  

Bug, the torti

Cheeky

Floyd, who looks so sweet but he says is a royal pain

I think this is Little Dude, but it might be Reverse

Reverse, or maybe Little Dude.  I wasn't paying attention.


Well regardless whether I got the names right, all are being fixed today and I can even pick up early!  

The weather degraded this weekend, yesterday in particular and we're back to clouds and cool and will be for as long as I've seen forecasts for, into the future, a week or ten days.

I'm so happy I went to the lake when it was nice.

Saturday I did yardwork, then came the traffic and mess of cars which I can't handle, really, so I retreated inside and closed all the blinds.  There are people who thrive in dense urban neighborhoods, lots of cars, concrete, people.  I'm not one of those.  In fact, such density of cars and people make me nuts, make me want to hide, make me want to run away to some lake or river or forest. 

One brother's wife once told me she thinks there are people who do better, feel safer and happier, in dense cities and other people who feel safer and happier in very rural environments, with few people and forests, rivers, mountains.   She said she and my brother are the former and thinks I am the latter.

I know when I mention to people around here, signing up to get their cats fixed at the FCCO, they squirm, because its in Portland and they're afraid to drive there or just don't want to venture into a big city.  That's why I end up doing the transport and have trouble getting anyone to even sign up I think.  I can relate.

It's not as dense here where I live but its getting that way.   This city is a sprawled out place, no real core, housing development after housing development.   The downtown area is teensy and I never go there, except occasionally I drive through to cross the river and go to Corvallis that way, but usually if I ever go to Corvallis now, and I rarely do, I go the other way.   We have a mall, that I have gone to only a  handful of times in my life and lots of big box stores that attract people from the other towns.  The parks are mostly block large lawns, with benches and a playground for kids.   Some have sports fields or a basketball court but nothing for adults not into sports.  So in that way it might be like a big city.  There's a farmers market downtown on Saturdays in the summer, but I don't go to that either  That's a place you can pay $4 or $5 for one head of lettuce.  It's for I don't know who, the prices booths charge, for produce.  Some folks must have that kind of dollars to spend.  I don't know who.  So I don't feel really a connection to anything in this city and I try to get out elsewhere to find a connection, to where I can feel sort of real again.  Like the lake and its rivers, even though I know the lake is fake, manmade, a reservoir.   My favorite places to go, elsewhere, have burned.   Like Opal Creek, Salmon Falls County Park, the campground on the river past Three Pools (all on the Little North Fork) and Waldo Lake.

I did talk to two neighbors, one about the dog barking, the other about the loud pickup and hopefully have solutions.  Both were nice about it.  The dog folk have already ordered training collars (citronella ones) and the other folks, with pickup associated, think its way too loud too.  It's not theirs, belongs to bf of relative and they can't park it down there, due to neighbor complaints about its noise at the end.  I asked what if they just don't park it out front of my place evenings and nights, which is when it bothers me most.  I think its a good compromise since its legal to park on the street and my complaint is only the noise of it.

Anyhow......cloudy and cool today.    Busy ten days ahead.   Have a nice week.



10 comments:

  1. Yes, some people do well with crowds and some do not. It's good you've found your balance. Too bad there are so many people moving into your environment. But if you know you need solitude to recharge, you can find those days at the lake or go somewhere where no one is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im not a city person. Drives me nuts here, with all the cars and traffic. I would sure love to move farther out but I know its just a dream.

      Delete
    2. Maybe it will become a reality however, if housing gets cut like the Republicans want, including lots of other cuts, to agree to raise the debt ceiling, I will turn my car into a teensy house and live off in the woods somewhere above Sweet Home, no doubt. Cascadia maybe! Ha! I'm just kidding around.

      Delete
  2. How nice that you didn't have to trap the cats - and how wonderful that they are being fixed.
    I do hope that the solutions for your noise problems work out. It is wonderful that they are being recognised as an issue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows, I kinda doubt it on the loud truck.

      Delete
  3. I'm happy in my quiet suburb. :D And thanks again for all your good works. Be well, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks D. I love the house I live in.

      Delete
    2. This news makes me happy. :D

      Delete
  4. I am not a city person, either. However, I don't want to be totally isolated. But the bottom line is what kind of neighbors you have. Right now, we have good ones, so we are happy in suburbia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't want to live too far out either, and especially as I get older, I don't want to live long distances from like a grocery store, the necessities.

      Delete

Dog Days Behind a 7-11

 I spent five or six hours Saturday night behind the 7-11 again, after unfixed cats there. Woohoo, what an exciting life I live.  Wow.  I be...