Tuesday, March 07, 2023

Deep Thoughts

 

Sometimes when people complain about feral cat colonies and destruction I have to laugh.   Sometimes I laugh to their faces and blurt out "You mean as opposed to human colonies?"

Did you ever see the Jack Handey Deep Thought skits on Saturday Night Live?   I haven't watched SNL in a long time.  Some of it sticks with me.

Sometimes I dream about peace and I know how peace could happen.   I went to a peace protest once with my own sign.  It read "Give Peace a Chance.  Neuter everyone."

When I see graffitti I think to myself the males were out spray marking again.

During the Covid years, there was a lot less stigma about being an isolationist.  People thought you were smart.

My neighbors call me a cat lady and give me a wide berth.  Except Jack when he was alive.  He called me Jesus Christ to the cats.  Perspective.  Jack should have known cats don't worship anybody.

How about a video of Gigi, playing atop her favorite complex expensive toy, a Chewy box.


If you think you are too old to play wildly, go have a chat with vertigo boy Rogue.  He'll change that lousy attitude.


And finally, some really really deep thoughts from the one and only Jack Handey.....


16 comments:

  1. Thank you for the videos. Gigi has floof! and Rogue has serious spunk. :D And did your sign really say that? It's brilliant! I love your mind. You made me laugh more than once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I made that sign with those words and marched with it proudly.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I meant to answer your question about Mitch Hedberg. His accent is 'stoner'. lol Seriously. He was a California boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's funny, that explains why I couldn't place it.

      Delete
  3. Neutering everyone would help us out a lot, but sadly, it would put me out of work ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose we could just neuter, spay anyone who aspires to political office or positions of power.

      Delete
  4. There are probably quite a few other parallels with humans and cats such as ultra aggressive sexual behaviour by male cats and men.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have a tainted world view. I spend more time with cats and in cat colonies than with humans. So I see the world from that perspective.

      Delete
  5. I hadn't thought about Jack Handey for years. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't watched SNL for a long time and was not familiar with Deep Thoughts. Thanks for the link. Also, enjoyed seeing active cats as our old ones basically just sleep and move very slowly. But best of all was your reply to you were Jesus Christ to cats. Cats don't worship anyone. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol on the cats don't worship anyone. Jack fed neighborhood strays, even had a hole in his patio eave so his cats could jump from a patio table up into the eaves, travel through the attic and end up in his garage, for when weather was bad. Jack drank a lot of beer but he was kind hearted old guy and himself helped a lot of cats out of the weather and fed any who needed food. There's a lot of sleeping that goes on here too with the really old cats like Peeman Sam, now approaching 18 years of age, and showing his age.

      Delete
  7. My cat think we serve him.
    Coffee is on stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was a kid, a lot of the SNL humor was over my head but I loved "Deep Thoughts." To me, a good SNL had Deep Thoughts, and a "bad" one didn't. I laughed aloud at this one, and I may have to share it myself sometime soon! Your cats playing was just what I needed to get my butt in gear this morning. Happy time change!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought much of Conehead segments but I liked Deep Thoughts and news wrap up segments.

      Delete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...