Sunday, October 30, 2022

This and That

 Rogue is improving, but still a bit off his balance and his right eye conjunctiva is still a bit red.  

However his appetite is unbelievable now and he's going to get really fat if I don't get him out of the boring bathroom.  So today there will be a trial "out" time, see how he does.



Storm, who died recently, has a sister, or cousin, Bluebell, I don't really know the relations among that group, who is failing also and has been for awhile.  She too has remained extremely wild here.  But yesterday she began to wobble on her feet.  I know she's been weak for awhile.  Not like Rogue flopped disoriented, with the vertigo thing.   She's probably in kidney trouble.  She drinks too much, is always at a water bowl, and has done very little, activity wise for several months, hanging out with the extremely old and frail Soloman, who now follows me like a puppy dog, for unknown reason.

I need to let Soloman and Comet go, my extremely old man cats, but its just tough.  Today I"m going to call Heartland and see when they might get Soloman in for that end of life injection.  I've let it go too long.

I knew it might be difficult to have so many cats near the same age, when old age hit them all but its much harder than I imagined and so painful.  It's also far more work.

My sadness boiled into anger last night to see the car lot neighbors were having a big huge party, parking cars and big huge loud diesel trucks in every nook and cranny in the neighborhood.  Of course one of their big rig family members parked with the bumper partially across my very very narrow driveway.  It angered me.  My car is low to the ground and with the driveway so narrow and the curb angle steep, I have to back out at an angle or my front bumper catches.  I can only back out angling one way, due to a sharp metal piece over the water meter on the other side.  That metal piece knocked a hole in one tire once, when I tried angling the other direction.   Anyhow, its not a big thing, and not to them for sure who couldn't care less about making it tough for me to get out. I got out to the store in the evening, but yeah my front bumper caught but I didn't harm their precious massive vehicle sticking into my space.  It was dark and I was four inches from it, trying to get out.  In my mind, trying to not hit their vehicle in getting out of my driveway, a meme played over and over, which at least made me laugh.  I don't know where I saw it, but a blocked in truck simply drove over the offending vehicle.    Later in the night, sound asleep, was awakened by one of them leaving, but first he had to turn on full blast music.  Again, not a big thing but aggravating when sound asleep.

I finally finished one new outside cat shelf for the cat yard yesterday.   Slow, I am, at projects lately.  The cat yard paraphanalia including shelves, climbs and housing units, are old too and rotting in some cases, like the shelves.   Two replaced now, at least.  I may be slow but I keep going at these projects.


Have a nice Sunday.   

Let it be nicer than the weekend had by young people in South Korea, just out to have a good time.  Or by the Pelosi's, especially given the ridiculous and painful conspiracy theory people making up alternate realities about what happened.  How awful that an 80 something year old man was attacked by a crazy person with a hammer.  But almost worse, is that people are celebrating the attack and making up stories that are so hurtful to the family and to our nation.


13 comments:

  1. I feel for you. It is hard letting them go, harder still to nudge them onto that final journey - but a last act of kindness and love. Which hurts like hell.
    Sigh at your inconsiderate neighbours. We have one who is obviously deaf. We can hear him coming long before we see him with his music turned up full bore. His car is a noisy revver too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both going in today. Comet and Soloman. I put it off too long. Hard day, but nothing I can do about it because they're both having a tough time. Love them so much. Yeah, the neighbors, and their overwhelm of the hood, a frequent thing, am trying to live with it, but will talk to the police about if there is anything to do so I can maintain adequate space to get out of my driveway without damaging my car.

      Delete
  2. Heartfelt hugs. So hard, so necessary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you EC. They are both gone now.

      Delete
  3. It will be hard with so many cats at a similar old age. I am not sure why people think they have a right to park partly hang over someone's driveway. They would be probably the loudest protestors if it was done to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are probably right about them being the loudest if it happened to them. I think I've been too easy with asshole neighbors, sometimes, let them walk over me and so they expect to be able to do so. Or they're just assholes who would do it no matter who or where. Yes its hard with so many ancient souls living here.

      Delete
  4. I have a feeling your neighbors are just assholes. See if you can have the car towed for blocking you in (even just a little bit). It would feel satisfying, I'm sure. But I doubt anyone would do it.

    Sorry about your old man cats. It's so sad to let them go. But it sounds like it's time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was time for them. I took them over today and they are gone now. I don't feel as bad as I thought I'd feel about it, because it was long overdue. And I'd run out of sub cu fluids to keep Comet going. Yes, you are right about the neighbors too. I'll talk to the police this week about what I can do, since it hasn't worked talking to them. I had thought it did, but alas.

      Delete
  5. Your inconsiderate neighbors are making me angry. I am especially testy if someone messes with my sleep. Hugs for the goodbyes you've had to say recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it will get better with them. Thanks on the hugs. I need them.

      Delete
  6. I can't imagine seeing so many kitties' failing health. :( And you deserve better neighbors. ~sigh~ And I recall reading before about those two scumbags who did nothing but play video games. And procreate, apparently. ~shudder~ Best wishes to you despite this crazy world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah those boys stuck in my mind all these years, their laziness and irresponsibility and the burden they placed with jockularity, on young women.

      Delete
    2. to bear emotionally and financially and physically alone, I might add, to my last comment.

      Delete

End of Warmth

 We had some nice days.   But the heat is gone. We'll be in the 60's again for awhile, with perhaps some drizzle. I love the heat.  ...