Thursday, July 28, 2022

Sleep

 I want to sleep a few hours today and probably will.

I got up really early so I could do chores before I headed up to Portland with the three kittens.

The three cats fixed yesterday were still in the bathroom, recovering.  I changed them to clean traps, changed the kittens to clean traps, washed the dirty traps, all before leaving at 6:45 a.m. for Portland.

I got there around 8:00 and quickly checked in and came back home since Silverton Cat Rescue lady volunteered to pick them up late this afternoon.  What a help that is.  Unfortunately I drank another cup of coffee on the drive home and now won't be able to sleep for awhile, but I have nothing else I have to do all day.  Am feeling fine about that.

The Crabtree lady showed up about noon to pick up Daphne, who was fixed yesterday.  Down to two in the bathroom, who can't return til tonight, due to the heat today and all the day traffic in the area.

The kittens, who are really teenagers, will return tomorrow.    

It's supposed to be about 98 today, maybe 100 tomorrow and another hot one Sunday, then Monday the temps will drop to the low and mid 80's maybe even high 70's for a few days before it heats up again, over 90 again, weekend after next.   

I got more reservations for a week from today, for the same colony the kittens came from.  I am happy to maybe be able to finally finish it.

I can't really go to the lake this Friday through the weekend anyhow.  Too many people up there for some country music jamboree.  I do hate country music and always have.   But that isn't the reason to avoid the area, its the massive numbers of people crammed up there in a tiny town for the concerts.  Too many people for me and too many people who don't mind drinking and driving.  We've had a lot of losses in this area from drunk drivers.  I don't want to be the next person crushed to smithereens because some self-centered asshole gets behind a wheel drunk.

Here are the six cats fixed last two days, three yesterday, three today.

Daphne, from Crabtree

Coco, from the gas station

Jazz, from the gas station colony

Short hair buff tux boy kitten, up being fixed today, from the gas station colony

Long hair orange tabby tux boy kitten



Medium hair torti kitten from the gas station colony

Ember, that sick elderly orange tabby pregnant cat I helped catch at the same colony as Coco and the four kittens came from, had had one kitten days after I caught her.  She had been taken in by Keithas Kitties.  Well, that kitten was adopted this last week.   They think they can find Ember a place too.

Me coaxing Ember close enough to catch

Her one kitten was born a couple days later

Stormy, Embers kitten, gets a home.  She's on the right.

That was a nice story to hear, that she's in a home now.  Hope they can find Ember a great home too.

By tomorrow, all will be back to normal here.  I just had a kid come by, offer to mow the lawn.   I said "yes" and he's out there in 85 degree heat, getting it done.  Better him than me.  He promised to stop by every now and then, see if I need yard help.   Which I usually do.   


10 comments:

  1. I really hope that Ember can have a home too.
    Sigh on the lake being ruined for you this weekend. I try and avoid places where I know people will be drinking to excess too.
    And hooray for having some help in the yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't do the drunk crowd thing. Not into it at all. Drunk people are bores and are not interesting.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous3:46 PM

    Your first member of staff! What's next? A cook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the cush life, stepping up in the world, getting staffed. Cook, yup, that'd be nice, maybe a cleaner who also does litter boxes, then wouldn't it be nice to even have someone to read me stories, as I lounge.

      Delete
  3. A nap sounds great. I hope you got one after your long day and night of helping the cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, maybe tomorrow. The Crabtree people caught the only kitten still alive of Daphne's three, by hand, and needed a holding cage so I just got back from taking that out to her after returning two of the gas station cats.

      Delete
  4. I wish the kittens had been adopted together, but we'll take what we can. :D Well done and stay safe, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those two in the photo were adopted together. Ember's girl, Stormy, on the right, plus she had buddied up with a stray kitten found alone on the street. So the two were adopted together. It's usually not best to adopt a mother and her kitten out together. Moms and kittens normally part ways, not becoming enemies but the natural state of affairs is for mom to kick her kittens loose, once they're old enough, so often they don't form the best "bonded pair" adoptions.

      Delete
  5. I guess your vacation is over? Too bad about the lake. At least it's only this weekend. And good news on the cats being placed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sort of. I have more spots next week.

      Delete

Dog Days Behind a 7-11

 I spent five or six hours Saturday night behind the 7-11 again, after unfixed cats there. Woohoo, what an exciting life I live.  Wow.  I be...