Sunday, September 19, 2021

Cat Pic Sunday

 It's raining in Oregon.   I forgot what rain feels like, its been so long.

Doesn't take much to remember.  The first rain is ok.  Refreshing.  Takes the smoke and dust from field plowing out of the air.  Gives me a relief, that maybe the world isn't ending, since its been way too long since it rained much in Oregon.

Pretty soon though it will settle in---realization that the long gray is upon us, the heaviness of that thought.

The rains bring the cats from the cat yard into the house, many of them, creating conflicts of space and colliding cliques, theft of favorite sleep spots. There will be tiffs and spurnings and hurt feelings and hissing and pissing episodes til they realign and they always do.  

 I had hoped the sun shade I put up over part of the cat yard during the extreme heat, to give them some cool spots, would also propel rain, as it was advertised to do.   It did not.

I suppose I'll put the kayak away for the winter now.   I'm trying to think of some healthy pursuit for exercise for the winter that's also enjoyable, since otherwise, its hard to get myself overjoyed about doing it.

Here are some cat photos, for now, to amuse you, and me also.

The boy I took to be fixed, the orange tux long hair, I got his picture a couple years back, playing with my game cam set up in a culvert.



Here's TC in the park the other night.  I caught him to be fixed a year ago last May.


And Cumi, who is officially an older boy now, fixed about six years ago, was out and about.  Sometimes these fixed boys vanish for months at a time and I think for sure they've died or found some kind town person to care for them, when suddenly they'll show up again.

I hadn't seen Rocky in months but saw him last week.  I got him fixed in December 2019.  I caught him by accident when after Fluffy, an already ear tipped tame male, who showed up in the park suddenly. 
Fluffy eventually got a great home with the help of ARCF in Portland. 

Fluffybutt, owned by the people behind me, often visits, my yard and garage.

Fritter also comes to visit, from the apartment complex nearby, but he and Fluffybutt don't like each other.

Fritter more often than not comes for the catnip and also to nap under the Butterfly bush.  Lately, even though owned in the apartment complex, scarcely owned I call it, the neighbors at the end seem to have semi adopted him.  He loves the kids down there and young people. 


Echo, from 4th street in Albany, one of the Quirky Sisters.

Echo when she was a kitten.  I'd taken in four kittens and their mom, unwanted as strays, with their calico mom, Meesa, wild.  The two brothers got homes but Echo and Fantasia never did.  Now they're over 11 years old.  Their mom died several years ago.  She got a fast growing abdominal tumor.

Misty


The cats love the "cat box".  Only two residents today.

Happy Sunday everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for the smiles. And hooray for capturing the Orange tux boy. Finally.
    We rarely get enough rain so I really like it. Jazz (and rather a lot of people) don't agree with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should be dancing in joy for the rain and believe me, I am and I know its what makes Oregon--Oregon. But I"m also sad for the end of summer and days spent paddling the rivers above the reservoir, all that sun and water and relaxing and warmth. And not looking forward to the winter, with little to do and nowwhere to go and going outside means raingear with maybe a warm layer too underneath that. I once had decent rain gear and I haven't in a long time.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous3:19 PM

    Auld acquaintances. Look at Fluffybutt's smokey grey eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a pretty cat. But he and Fritter, the buff boy from the apartments, go at each other, like its a death fight. Usually its just a lot of noise.

      Delete
  3. It been raining off and on this weekend here in Idaho. It been long hot summer.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a great summer. I had several picnics, although they involved only me, along the river or lake. I went to the lake several times with my kayak and went up the rivers in it. Well that's about it, but I like heat.

      Delete
  4. I love the cat box. Simple in design, but just what cat's want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do love it. They can't be trapped, by some bully cat, because its open both sides. They like the carpet pieces and they can sit to watch inside the house or outside the window.

      Delete
  5. So many stories! Thank you for sharing. I'm thankful to you for saving so many and remembering those who have passed. ~hugs~ I hope the weather isn't too dreary in the coming months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, on the weather, but I just saw the report and its supposed to be nice all week and near 80 degrees! Nice without guilt because we got over 2 inches of rain over the weekend, close to 3 inches in places.

      Delete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...