Monday, October 26, 2020

Catch Up Time

 I've been a delinquent blogger since weekend before last and taking those 16 cats up to be fixed.

I returned them Monday, but wanted to just stay in bed all day.  I did sleep two full days after I got them returned.  

Thursday I was on the hunt for cats again.  I'd taken four traps clear to north of Scio, for a couple who had just moved to the area.   But by Wednesday night, suddenly, for the 2nd time, they backed out of trapping the four strays, a mom and her three teens, left by previous tenants.  Thursday morning I drove all the way up there once again, to pick up the traps.  I won't be falling for that again with them.

So late in the game, for Friday's five appointments with that sudden cancellation, I let a local solo rescuer, who had been trapping a colony, have four of the five reservations.  She needed them badly and these were Albany cats she was helping, so I was happy to oblige.

Green, the only one of M's four who was a boy

Earl, a teen girl.  She thought Earl to be a boy, hence the name

Nexxa, an adult brown tabby female

Sky, a young gray tabby tux girl


The bird lady had another neighbor with an unfixed cat and she's trying so hard to keep things under control in her area of the town.  Off went that little girl to be spayed.  

Tiger, a gorgeous torbi girl teen the bird lady rounded up to be fixed

Thursday also the folks who had one of the four older kittens from the Lebanon colony wanted her fixed.  But when they brought her, I realized she was horribly dehydrated, so dehydrated in fact I wondered how she could be alive.  Obviously she would not be fixed that Friday, being far too ill.  I let the people know, then gave her sub cu fluids, karo syrup, and a heating pad to sleep on.  Poor little girl.  I wormed her too and soon she was pooping out and coughing up large roundworms and pieces of tapeworm.  Her liquid stool finally turned to pudding, but she needed more care and I told the folks this, and they said ok, we don't want her back then, and she went to KATA, who had her siblings.  They had been in similar shape.  



I checked out the next big colony I'll trap, not that far from the last big colony.   I took them the drop trap to feed under.  She's already fastened open her own trap, so it couldn't spring.  When I drove up with the drop trap, I saw a little gray kitten had decided that was his new home, on the towel inside that trap.  



I won't actually catch the cats til the middle of next week.   She got 16 appointments up at the fCCO clinic for them to be fixed.  I'll be doing trap and transport again.   

That will be after the election.  I'll be very happy when that's all over and done with.   Hopefully it will all go well, like how could it, I think then, realistically.   I already voted.  We vote by mail here in this state, have for a long time.  It's easy that way but I also find myself forgetting what day election day really is some years.

The country will likely be fine no matter who wins what office.  I like to be optimistic.   But I did get some extra bags of cat food, to be prepared.  I have plenty of toilet paper, thank you, but you can never have too much cat food.  Lol.



7 comments:

  1. It sounds like you really, really needed some down time - and I am glad that you got it.
    So very glad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter who wins, there are going to be upset people. I just hope that that does not turn into violence. That seems to happen too easily these days. At least for a few that ruin it for the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of people worry there may be violence. I hope not.

      Delete
  3. Aww earl is beautiful. When my mom was a kid, they had a cat named Jimmy. Then one day, jimmy went into the linen closet and gave birth on my grandmother’s good tablecloth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a funny story! When we were kids, we went to the dog pound and got a dog. She was supposed to be a spayed female. Two days after we got her she had seven puppies. We were thrilled as kids but my parents were horrified.

      Delete
  4. People who let any creature get into such an awful condition should be sterilized. Grrr...

    I'm glad you got some good sleep and wish you all the best, my dear.

    ReplyDelete

Back to 7-11

 I already have 3 cats here, waiting for placement from 7-11, with Silverton Cat Rescue barn cat program. The two girls--Eleven and Petunia,...