Thursday, March 26, 2020

Day of the Dead Day, um, (Forgotten)

Empty streets on this block.  Other blocks are abnormally crowded with cars, during the day, since many people are home. 

But in the business district, the streets were not so empty of cars, as people drove to and from stores.  Most stores seem to be open still.  Closed are the restaurants and bars and a few others.  I checked out the wood lot cats.  The wood lot is closed so I was not sure if they were being fed.  That's my excuse for going. The reality is I needed to get out.

Their food dish was half full so yeah, they're still being fed.  I filled it full and then took a couple bags of cat food to the bird lady, who came out to say hello when she heard me bang on the door.  The bird lady has a huge heart and has taken in many strays, mostly from her neighborhood.  For awhile there wasn't an unfixed cat on three blocks where there used to be dozens.  We went at it hard, to get them all fixed.  Then one household left and abandoned many of their cats and she took two of them in, whom I couldn't find homes for.

Unfortunately two more cats have showed up that she is feeding and one of them is very pregnant. 

Ok, I said, she can have her kittens in my garage. The vet clinics aren't doing anything but like vaccinations, no surgery, nothing like that.   Which is fine by me if she has kittens in my garage.  I love kittens. Ok, she said, can you bring me a trap.  Sure, I said, in the morning.

I came home after my brief outing with a smile on my face.  At least I could help out the bird lady with the pregnant stray.  That's if she doesn't have kittens tonight that is.  It's still cold here, and often pouring, and no weather for a kitty to be having kittens outside somewhere.  Is she owned do you think, I'd asked the Bird Lady.  Well she eats here, she replied, and nobody would let a pregnant cat outside when its so cold to maybe have kittens somewhere else.  I had to agree.  Check.  Not owned.

The other one she feeds may be the impregnator male, she thought, but my bet is on adult kitten of pregnant lady, one from last fall. 

By the time I got home, someone had already volunteered to foster pregnant mom.  That's easier on me, but disappointing too.  I love watching a mom with her newborns.

Not sure she'll even be able to trap her though, so we shall see.

Beats her having kittens under a porch or under a house, that's for sure, and then them growing up wild.

Anyway, I enjoyed my shower this morning without the shower head.  The water came out in a hard stream and felt like a massage and I liked it.   So I decided to just order a new shower head online, so I'd have a few days to enjoy my showers without a shower head.


8 comments:

  1. Aww I hope you catch mama cat so that you can have a little maternity ward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it would be wonderful for my mental health right now!

      Delete
  2. I am glad you got a shower massage. I suspect you will be fostering kittens sooner rather than later.
    I think we are edging closer to a stay at home order. Most shops are closed now, and they are forcing more to follow suit each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the stay at home orders are not so bad here. We can go out, to go to stores, go exercise, some parks are open. A lot of the stores are open, just not the restaurants, bars and a few other workplaces. There are lots of new jobs at the grocery stores being offered up at least. The open shower pipe does use more water but its only for a couple days, til the new one gets here. So I will indulge myself.

      Delete
  3. That's cool about the shower. ~grin~ Best wishes on that mama cat. Having her give birth in your home would definitely be a boost. No doubt you'll have opportunity to rescue another, though. That's just who you are, pandemic or not. :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was not noticably pregnant, if at all, but is now with KATA.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous3:06 PM

    Kittens will certainly keep you busy. Interesting about you liking your shower without the head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do like the shower without the shower head. It may have been one of those energy efficient water saving ones, that delivers very little water. I'm glad it broke!

      Delete

Five Cats Fixed Yesterday

 Two Liliths from two towns were fixed yesterday.  Coincidence?  I guess. This Lilith is from Lebanon and was left behind by her people at a...