Saturday, December 21, 2019

Rocky

I've been trying to end the mission in the county park, to keep all the dumped cats fixed and rehome as many as possible.

I was going to trap the latest dump off this evening, thought it would be easy, with it pouring rain.  All the town cats would be home, sleeping in front of fires, climbing Christmas trees, not down there interfering.

In five minutes I caught the wrong cat though.

I caught this guy.  I call him Rocky.  He's been roaming the park awhile, although I've only seen him one time.  One very memorable time.  The camp host sees him a lot though, he told me.

When did I see him before?  Months and months ago.  February of last year in fact.  I thought I was seeing a long lost boy from the park, when I saw him dash across the field in the dusk.   A buff tux.  Had to be him, I thought.

Anyhow I got excited that night, to see that buff tux and thought it was him and backed up to get a better photo and lodged the far side of my car up on a large rock.   I was stuck there awhile until the husband of a friend came up with a pump jack and hoisted me off.  This was the photo I did get last February of him.





It was a bit of a big surprise, to see him in the trap.  But there he was, soggy and bedraggled looking.

Just what I need, to hold another unfixed male here.   Q is still in the bathroom, although he is leaving Monday.   I'm so happy to find him a placement.

This guy will need neutered now too, and then what, I think.  Another one to place from the park?



Not even the one I was after, who is already fixed. 

Well, that's life.  And this is Rocky.

7 comments:

  1. Glad to meet you, Rocky. This was your lucky day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! he's not so sure of that yet. But he's a quiet boy and a good boy. Last night, even as I put him in the holding cage in the garage, he was so sleepy, he had trouble staying awake.

      Delete
  2. Rocky is obviously a survivor and I am very, very glad that he soon will be a fixed survivor.
    Excellent that you have a placement for Q too. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Q is awesome but he chortles and calls to my cats from the bathroom like an unfixed male, and they respond in not that nice of a way to that. But bless my cats they are used to the in and outs and have, over the years, adapted to the comings and goings, without much fuss at all. Bless my dear cats for that.

      Delete
    2. Bless you all! Be well, Rocky.

      Delete
  3. For you to get stuck, you must not have been terribly familiar with the spot where you parked, because I know you're prudent and cautious. I hope you didn't have to wait long to get going again. It's good to have friends and husbands of friends. I hope you're enjoying your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea how I ended up with the side of the car up over a large rock, backing up in the near dark both sides of that exit to the parking lot lined in large rocks. It just took a jack to free it. I have a flimsy door jack, that isn't stable on uneven ground. I may have been able to rock it off myself, but I didn't want to risk damage, and fortunately, the only damage was the very low plastic side panel, at the very bottom of both passenger doors, popped off. It's plastic and so are the clips that hold it on. Two of them broke off, and they're to find in parts stores to replace. I could super glue the thing back on solid but for now, and its been almost a year, one end is loose, due to the broken clips. Our lovely plastic cars.

      Delete

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...