Tuesday, November 05, 2019

Another One Bites the Dust

Another tooth is gone.  It was split, it turns out, clear to the root.  No wonder it hurt.

And yes it was one that I had been waiting to get fixed for some time now.  It won't be needing a crown now, or the cavity filled.

I got into the dental clinic yesterday, when they had a cancellation.  They had said we have a cancellation right now, how fast can you get there.  Faster than the speed of light, I thought, but I didn't run red lights getting there.  I made it there in a hurry though.  He was a nice guy who said he thought it was split then confirmed it as one part would move.

He wanted to get me in at their other office for the extraction, but then found out that doctor wasn't in this week at all.   Then they tried to search anywhere it could be done, faster than waiting a week or two or more.  Finally he said if his 10:00 a.m. appointment didn't show up, he would pull it himself.

So I waited.  And hoped.  And thank the goddess, that person was a no show.  So they numbed it up and pulled it, although it broke.  He dug out the other piece quickly though.  And that was that.

So another tooth is gone.  One my friends' dentist said had a cavity back in March when I was getting a second opinion on whether a different tooth had to be pulled. Then my other friend said she'd have the two with cavities fixed at her dentist who, when I went in, in May, said I had no cavity in that tooth, nor in the other one I'm still waiting to get filled.

So anyhow. 

That's life.

It may be a blessing in disguise as I really could not afford to get a loan to pay for it to be crowned.

Yesterday, Salem, from Lebanon, was spayed, and so was Pumpkin, the latest new arrival in Waterloo.  He was likely dumped as he first showed up in the park.  The people who were feeding him will let him stay.  They've also had two other new arrivals whom I need to get in to be fixed.

The beat goes on.

Pumpkin of Waterloo
Salem, formerly of the Lebanon colony but now with a relative, was also fixed yesterday.  I was also able to confirm when I returned Salem, that the muted torti I saw atop a trap when I trapped a week ago Sunday there, is indeed the muted torti from across the street, who is already fixed, although they have three boys who need fixed still.



11 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you got that tooth dealt with. Dental pain is very, very nasty.
    And thank you for the successes on the cat front. Sigh that more work is needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are always more, but I don't have anymore appointments this month because I was too slow in making more after my break. 20 appointments in December, but way more than 20 on my wait list.

      Delete
  2. I hope your gum heals quickly and the tooth pain will be a distant memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems to be already mostly healed.

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear that you have a resolution to your problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:43 AM

    It is terrible for poor people to be classified by their bad teeth but I assume this was a back tooth, and you don't have an absent front tooth. I think I have four or five missing back teeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the first premolar, the one just beyond my canine. On that side, I now have no premolars and one molar, so am missing three on that side, and just one tooth to chew with on that side. I am missing one premolar on the other side, but still have one premolar and both molars, so I can chew on that side still.

      Delete
    2. I have no missing teeth on the bottom, not yet. I still have my upper four incisors and two canines, so in the front everything looks normal because I don't think if I don't smile too widely the holes of my missing premolars can be seen.

      Delete
  5. I wish you a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it's pretty much fine now, didn't even take any Aleve yesterday, just reduced to a dull ache now and then. My missing teeth do show now if I smile very wide. I guess I can live with that. Lots of people have missing teeth around here.

      Delete

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...