Saturday, August 24, 2019

Night Glowed

The weather yesterday turned perfect for the annual art and air show here.  I've gone a few times, and most years I get up early to go watch the balloon launch.  This year, I went to Night Glow, where they light up balloons as a band plays on stage.

I went with a friend from Keizer, whose sister also came down with two guys she knows from work.

I had forgotten if you want to sit you must take your own chair.  So I sat on the ground. No big deal.  Not when there's no rain.

A band from Vancouver Island was playing Eagles songs.  They call themselves Eagle Eyes and two of the men had beautiful long hair.  Like rockers should.

Better maintained seemed like than the long hair of rockers when I was young.

Just at sunset, four ultra lights in formation flew overhead.   One of them, when they first appeared, that had slick dark wings shaped like a fighter jets', dove like a bat or a bird, and circled. I liked that one.

Soon the balloons rose from the grass behind the crowds and soon enough after that, began their intermittent bursts of flame, lighting up the inside of the balloons to the shrieks of delight from crowds.



I had come in my friends car, so we left then, at 9:00, trying to beat the traffic jam out, but it took only a few minutes to get out.

Others were just coming in.  Lines at various food carts were very very long.

And food was expensive!!!

Came home to the usual duties with my trusty litter scoop and broom.

I have extreme skill with a litter scoop.  You might say I'm a professional litter scooper.  I'm that good.

And here are some of the poopers behind my litter scooping skill.

Muffy and the Chewy box


10 comments:

  1. My balloon obsessed self would have thoroughly enjoyed Night Glow. The getting down to the ground (or more specifically up again) would be a challenge though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you would have enjoyed I imagine, wish you could have been here to join us. We'd take chairs so no up and down to the ground.

      Delete
  2. The Night Glow Festival sounds great. I have never been to anything like that.

    As an expert pooper scooper, do you have any tips for the rest of us? I feel like I do a pretty good job, but my experience pales to yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will need to exercise the arm you use for scooping, maybe some curls using a box of wet cat food, to strengthen muscles. You can also, to get in shape, run back and forth carrying full 20 to 40 lb litter buckets in each hand. Practice makes perfect so, when am watching the news, and become upset and want to say something back to the commentator, I emphasize my points with a little scoop in my hand. It becomes like an extension of one's own arm soon, I have found, so a person feels naked without it.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous3:37 PM

    That was quite a light show. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't last long though, Andrew, only a few moments.

      Delete
  4. I'm not going over tonight, be a mad house. Rick Springfield is main stage. Old rocker, but not really my style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww Muffy is adorable! Do you think those boxes are worth the money?

    ReplyDelete
  6. "You might say I'm a professional litter scooper."

    I have thought as much about you because I know how much work it is sorting litter for just four cats. Last week, I visited the cats at PetSmart and asked the rescuer if she knew the lady from up your way whol died while bending over a litter box, but she didn't. I buy the litter that comes in the big green plastic containers at Costco, and what empty containers I can't use, I put in the driveway and eventually someone takes them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. I take those big Chewy boxes, the brown cushioning paper back inside,tape the lid together, use a saucer to trace a pattern for a box cutter to cut, and let the cats use the resultant hole to come and go.

    ReplyDelete

FCCO Trip on Half Decent Day

 Yesterday, early morning, I headed to FCCO with ten cats from the Scravel colony.   I don't get any records with the FCCO.  They are se...