Tuesday, July 02, 2019

Yukky Summer

The summer, which many of us here in gray and dreary land, look forward to for all those awful wet and yukky months, has not panned out this year so far.

We've had a few sunny days, but not many, and this week, approaching the 4th of July, it's overcast and cloudy and sometimes rainy with threat of possible thunderstorms.

The good weather we did have I wasted away at that awful trailer park, trying to catch cats, and now I wonder will that be all we get, a few days?

What would I do anyway, I think to myself, to enjoy our few weeks or days of sun, when and if they do arrive?  I try to think of things so I won't waste them if they come.  I have to be ready, I lecture myself.

I did take the little gray tabby tux manx boy kitten, from the trailer park, and the trouble making Siamese, who lives with the people behind me, spray marks and taunts my cats no end, and fights with other males, to be fixed yesterday over at Heartland.

End of day, when I picked them up, I mentioned to a surgery volunteer I sure wish I could find someone to work with Bambam more, so he is adoptable.  Heartland is full to the brim of unwanted cats and kittens looking for homes.  Every shelter right now around these parts is full.   She offered to take him, and since she volunteers with Heartland, she'll know when they have space to work him in and find him a home.  I was thrilled.  And very very lucky.  I still have two other trailer park kittens in my bathroom.

I took the Siamese boy back to his people.  I wasn't home 15 minutes and she texted me he got out.  I wasn't happy but I wasn't surprised either.

It will take a couple months for him to lose the hormones that make him act like he does.

At least the process has begun.

As for my own cats all are well except poor old Buffy who has fought failing kidneys over a year now and seems to be losing her fight lately.  She's wobbly last few days and that usually signals a significant down turn.  She's not tame, even as a very old lady, so giving her daily fluids isn't an option, not one that she tolerates.  I imagine soon now Buffy will not be with us here. 

Happy July 4th, if I don't post again before our nations' independence day celebration.  I'm not much of one to like fireworks, they're so loud and scare my cats and I can't imagine how they scare our wildlife friends out there and the birds.  The neighbors behind the house across the street will no doubt have no mercy on the neighborhood.  Every year they blow off illegal fireworks.  Before the 4th, the 4th, and nights after.  No regard for anyone's sleep or pets.  Being less than a couple hundred feet from it, I can say its very loud.  No use talking to them either, just endure it, and give them dirty looks driving by I guess.  Passive aggressive aren't I?

Here's a photo of Fuzzbutt, the Siamese, finally fixed.  If he survives the next couple of months, life will be better for him and the rest of us around here.



And so long little Bambam.  Good luck to you.  I hope you get an excellent home although I'm actually not very convinced there are many of those out there anymore.



Too bad sometimes I think he couldn't have just stayed with his cat family members over there and been fixed but then over there are the cat haters and all that.  Too bad the colony wasn't fixed long long ago.  Lots of regrets floating in my mind today.  Hopefully I can be more positive one of these days. 


6 comments:

  1. I hate the cloudiness in winter only to hope for rain at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That kitten picture is calendar worthy. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's such a sweet earnest little boy, curious and kind hearted.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful news about BamBam. Here's hoping.
    It is hard (so very hard) watching cats slip away. At least Buffy had a much better (and longer) life with you than she would otherwise have had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a tough old bird, still eating and drinking so we shall see.

      Delete
  4. My best to Buffy and all your furry family. I know you've given her the best life possible. It saddens me that you feel stressed to make plans for nice weather. ~hugs~ I hope that at least those neighbors gave folks somewhat of a break this year. For whatever reason, that was the case here. It was a surprise blessing. Take care, my dear.

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...