Saturday, February 16, 2019

Wonders of the New Age

When I was attempting to stop that patio storage box order, not knowing when or if it would ship, Amazon would not let me into my account, without "re-signing in" which meant re-entering my password, even though my password is automatically supplied by chrome.

I don't remember them all, for gosh sakes.  Chrome won't let me view my passwords, because chrome won't accept my user name and password for Windows, required to retrieve my passwords.  Doesn't matter that I sign in with that same user name and password every single time I turn this computer on and they work fine.  Chrome doesn't like them and refuses so I can't retrieve my passwords from chrome anymore.

I've meant to just switch browsers and dump chrome for that reason alone.  But time is always an issue.

So I go looking for my list of passwords, scribbled on this piece of paper and that.  I find it and enter it but amazon says its no good.  Its either my password it won't take or the string of strange camouflaged group of letters and symbols I'm supposed to type in to prove I'm not a robot.  I try several times to enter the right letters and think I have but still it says no way will I be allowed into my own account.

I give up and create a new password.  It is rather a vulgar one too, to describe my feelings for the new age.

Today I try to make a call.  My phone has been idol since last night.  And the moment it senses activity and I enter a pass code to open it, it goes into update mode, which its still in and I can't use it.   I want an old ringer phone.  They don't update.  They just work.

10 comments:

  1. Sigh. And hiss and spit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:43 PM

    Passwords, the ongoing nightmare. There are password manager sites I've heard of but never investigated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind of hard to trust one online site, whose security I am not privy to know, with the keys to the house and car, so to speak.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous12:13 AM

      Yes, that is what I think too.

      Delete
  3. We use the free part of Dashlane to keep track of our passwords. You might check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This goes to show the modern age isn't always so quick and convenient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, Nick, but I sure love some of the new age amenities.

      Delete
  5. It's a bittersweet era, for sure. ~hugs~ My passwords are all jotted down in a little booklet I have tucked away. My husband keeps his list in a locked fireproof safe, but I'm not quite that paranoid. Heh... Better luck to you, my dear!

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...