Monday, January 07, 2019

Ready!

Last night, a woman whose stray cat I took to be fixed, came over with a gift---two pair of boots, one pair knee high, for me!

They fit too.  She also brought a bag of clothes.  She's the same size.  There's a nice skirt in the bag I know will go fine with one pair of the boots.  I have a blouse that can go with the skirt.  So I'm all set for the wedding.

If I can get there.

A new round of snow hit the mountains last night.

Here's the Santiam Pass this morning.


Now its chains required to go through the passes.

That's the big issue.  The carry chains or chains required thing.  My car has excellent traction and stability on snow.  But if I did get stuck and had no chains and an officer happened along, then its trouble.  Then I get the ticket for no chains.

But if you coat the top of the snow with ice, which often happens, I won't venture out on that, stable vehicle or not.  Snow and ice are very different.

I figure since its so snow covered now in the mountains maybe in a couple weeks it won't be, and I can make it over, free and clear.  And witness something new.  A wedding.  And see my brothers maybe.

Speaking of ice, my car was coated in it this morning.  The seven cats from a rural road just outside this town are up being fixed right now.

Today I was thinking about how old I'm getting.  Won't be long til I'm 70 if I survive.  Yikes.  I still feel like me on the inside, and get a shock if I see myself in a mirror.  Fortunately that rarely happens.  I avoid mirrors.  I don't like to see pictures of me either.

I joke to myself I wouldn't recognize myself in a police line up.

And that's a good thing, I've decided.

Denial is still my best friend.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:47 AM

    Denial about age. Love it. I really hope the weather gods will smile for you and I am sure the break and seeing family will do you good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope it is clear that weekend.

      Delete
  2. Denial, not just a river in Egypt is a good friend of mine too.
    I am glad that you have boots and clothes to wear - and hope you can get to the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just as you mentioned the other day that you wonder why we have to count so many things on the calendar, I'm trying to do that with age. The numbers keep piling up and are shocking when I hear them. I'm trying to not pay attention to my age. It's just a number that I have no control over and spend my time worrying about something else.

    Good luck with the weather. Winter can be a very hard time to travel and I hope it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The numbers associated with age carry so many consequences in and of themselves, as to how people are regarded and how we regard ourselves. It is best to disregard and forget. The winter weather comes and goes, through the mountains. I think the roads are clear again by now. We had terrible black ice on Monday morning. A woman went missing on her way to work. The poignant pleas from family were all over facebook. Then they find the tracks off the road, in Corvallis, down the bank into the river. Now they've found her truck in the river but haven't pulled it out yet and aren't saying if she's in it. She looks so smart, alive and kind in the photos posted by family when they were trying to find her. It was likely the black ice sent her off the road into the river. It would be so terrifying to suddenly be submerged in swirling cold water. How in the world would one ever escape in time.

      Delete
  4. I'm thinking that clothes coming your way is a sign from the Universe that things will happen according to plan :-)

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...