Tuesday, December 11, 2018

The Eleven

Like I said in my last post, I took 11 cats to be fixed yesterday.  Some of them were massive boys.

Tux, for instance, a porch stray, once owned obviously, but living and being fed on a Lebanon porch.  Now this big boy (over 12 lbs) is fixed.

Tux, from Lebanon
I'd trapped four more at the Griggs colony.  They turned out to be three boys and a girl.  Two of the boys were huge--Pandora and Zigzag, while Libra, the mackerel tabby was just a teen.

Zigzag was fixed yesterday.  He's a huge boy.

Pandora, another huge boy, long hair black with that white patch on his chest, was fixed too.  This is Little Sally's colony. 
Libra, and not a good picture of him, a young boy, also was fixed.


The only girl of the four, Pisces, a long hair black and quite young.
I saw three more out there needing fixed, but there could be others.  I saw another short hair black, obvious male, a long hair young gray and there's another mackerel tabby. 

Now for the six from Salem, four of whom were boys, three of them HUGE boys.

Mama Fuzz, will now just be Fuzz and she's a he, and a massive HE at that.  His estimated age was 8 years and he has some dental issues, the clinic said.

Vinnie is also an older male but at least he's fixed now

Mr. Big is also obviously a boy and massive.  He is also now fixed.

Karenina, one of the two cross eyed gray tabbies, was one of the two girls in the Salem group

Karenin, also cross eyed, is a boy, the smallest of the four boys from Salem.
Coal is a young female, with that very short tail.  She was post partum but not lactating.  I wonder where he kittens are.
Well those are the 11, a lot of boys too, big ones.  My cats will be happy when they are out of the garage.  Tux went home last night.  I'm about to get moving and take the Salem group home.  After they're home, I'll come home and return the Griggs cats.

Then maybe its back to bed for me.  I wore myself out the last few days.

8 comments:

  1. My brother and sister-in-law in Northeast Ohio have a kitty named Tux. When his brother passed away he became despondent, so they brought home Jack and Daniels (yes, after the booze... Ha!), two more brothers who brought Tux back to life. Was good to see when we visited overnight for a Halloween party. I hope you get rested, my dear. Good work! But speaking of Halloween, Pandora's portrait would make an excellent greeting card cover. Those eyes are amazing! Take care, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pandora is exceptionally beautiful, Darla, thanks for noticing. He's quite different, in looks and personality.

      Delete
  2. Those are some very big boys indeed. I suspect the females will be very glad they have been fixed.
    Not surprised you are tired. Very tired. For a change. Not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, like monster males. They obviously all eat very well.

      Delete
  3. Another job well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Felt good to get that many done.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous9:20 PM

    It is said that large fixed male cats can be very lazy, but they can also be great pets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do make great loyal funny loving pets, the big boys and lots of people love the big boys, myself included. I feel sorry for "lost boys" often thrown out or left behind because of their behavior, fighting, marking, but once fixed and those hormones are diminished, oh my they are great.

    ReplyDelete

FCCO Trip on Half Decent Day

 Yesterday, early morning, I headed to FCCO with ten cats from the Scravel colony.   I don't get any records with the FCCO.  They are se...