Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Busy Busy

I still have five kittens in the bathroom.  Seems like they've been there forever.  Time has slowed I guess, because they've only been here a week. 

Muffy has a home she'll go to next week, leaving only four! 

Yesterday I went up and trapped four cats in Sweet Home.   Three kittens and their mom.  Without enough spay neuter reservations right now, I had told her she'd have to hold onto them.  She is.  She and her son fixed up a room for them for now.

We turned them loose into it after I trapped them.  She'll work on taming the kittens.

Meantime, I realized the neighbors behind me, who stated a few weeks ago, they'd be fixing the fence, never will.  So I built two sections.  Looks good!

A friend helped me out buying most of the supplies.

I took this photo a year ago at least.  Their fence is rotted and falling down on three sides.  They'd prop it so it would drop boards my direction too.   Their cats, running for home, would knock it off kilter further.  It was very dangerous.  Still is.  But at least now I've built two new sections on my property to obscure the worst part of it, and added spacers to keep theirs from falling against it.


So I put into two new posts and the cross pieces....



And finished two sections today.  I love it!

Also went up to the park yesterday and walked around.  Very beautiful but the river is so low.  We're way short on rain thus far this year.  But its coming, starting tomorrow.







Well, that's about it.  Have to go clean gutters again before rain hits tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. LOVE those trees.
    I do hope you get the rain - and mourn that you had to do the work that the neighbour should have shared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the trees in the park are gorgeous too, EC.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous4:15 PM

    Glorious trees in the park. Your fence looks very fine, rather better than the standard fence that is built here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should become a fence builder, in my old age. Except this evening I can't walk from one stiff sore painful ankle. I could be a slow fence builder maybe.

      Delete
  3. You can do anything! The fence looks great and you should be proud. And, wow, those yellow trees against the blue sky are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am proud of it. It's my second fence and I got much better at it second time around. I love it too.

      Delete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...