Friday, October 12, 2018

The Weekend Chess Match a.k.a. Cat Round Up

Ah, what a game.

The moves I must make, many steps in advance, to ensure the reservations I get are not wasted.  A chess game.  I need to make my moves.  I need to calculate my moves now to sync up cat fixing weeks into the future.  I love the game.  It's like visualizing a moving puzzle.

The cat juggling that goes on, both in my mind, and in the field!  Days before my reservations, my mind begins counting the cats.  One from here, or should it be two from here, and three from there, and how good are they at catching their own cats and will they.   What are the odds there, or at that other place.  There are so many variables to filling those golden tickets.

I have seven reservations Monday and ten to twelve Wednesday elsewhere, at a more distant clinic.  That colony going on Wednesday has long been set up.  The drop trap is there and being fed under.  The caretaker is, for once, very sane.  But then comes the hitch.  Her husband's health.   He's in the hospital.  Will that colony catching collapse and if it does, last minute, where will I get ten cats to fill those reservations so last minute?

The seven going Monday are by now sealed in, as I like to have done by Friday night.  Five more will come from the over run property outside Albany.  That lady has been evicted from the property, so I'm trying to get the cats fixed.  She's taking most with her and thankfully, I found a friend willing to take on six of the others.  Isn't that cool?  But I'll be juggling all that as I try to trap for the Wednesday appointments.

And I have five kittens from the same colony in my bathroom right now.  They're going to ARCF too, but there's a catch with that.  They can't take them til Monday.  So besides dropping off the cats at the clinic, taking the kittens to Portland, I will also need to trap in Brownsville.

I need to clone myself.

I may have to put off the kitten transfer.

That should not be an issue.  They are darn cute and so much fun!!

Besides the five from the over run situation, one should be successfully trapped in Sodaville.  I hope anyhow.  And then I plan to take another from the Albany trailer park down south of town.  I took one from there last time.  I think they should easily be able to trap another.  They have six needing done and only one is fixed so far.  Odds are high there for success and its close, so if I have to, I can go trap one myself there.

Well, that's the plan, but plans in my little world often spin out to something completely different within a day.  I'm used to that.  Gotta take that ride and go with it.

Here's my latest dose of daily cuteness in my bathroom.  They've been here a day now and they have my heart.

There are five kittens in all, four are buff orange and one is a dark orange tabby.  This one I call Peekaboo.  She's a very soft buff orange tux girl kitten.

The dark orange tabby on the left is a girl.  The two buffs in this photo are both boys.


I call this boy Dozer.


The two boys wrestle
I have not taken many fall photos yet.  The leaves are turning but many are turning from green to crackling dry red, since the trees are dry and that's not too pretty.  However, we're having some nice weather for a change after the gray and drizzle.  Today was pretty.

These were all taken up at the park.

Not sure you're actually supposed to have livestock by the river due to poop and pee getting in the water.






That's it for today.  Putting away the game board and heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...