Sunday, September 16, 2018

Checking in with Old Friends

I better post some photos of my own cats I figure, before they all die of old age.

We're a retirement home now here.  The cats are all old.


How about first I show the last cat I caught inside that old lady's filthy trailer.   I haven't named her yet.  I have three of the black ones here I either trapped or netted inside her place.  My barn cat placement friend has two others I pulled out of kitchen cabinets there.

The three kittens fixed last Wednesday are now with a friend who is trying to tame them.  The fourth I trapped is here, in a cage, to be fixed tomorrow.


Now for some photos of my own blessed crew, the long timers.

Rogue on the left, Nemo on the right.  Both boys have been here a long time.  Rogue is one of the Golden West 9, the first of those cats to need full mouth extractions, while Nemo is Starry's brother and trapped in a N. Albany swamp long ago.  Rogue would not have lived had I not found the affordable clinic on the coast.  He's the reason I found it.  Since then, I've taken in all the cats here at least once, for mouth care.
The old gals club.  That's Gretal on the left, the torti there, who has IBS and is 13.  Juno, from a seed warehouse, is the Siamese.  Then ancient girl Poppy who has so many health issues, too many to list, and I can't believe she's still alive.  I keep making appointments for her end of days and she "pops" back.  Peeking around the corner, top right is Meesa, who has to go to the vet next trip because I think her big belly is fat but sometimes I think she might be growing a tumor.   So she has to get checked.
Buffy!  She has a disposition that keeps other cats mostly at a distance although she adores Sam and sometimes tolerates her brother, Mops.  Buffy is old, with health issues.  She's even had one seizure, when she got freaked out when a claw caught on something, but has not had another that I know about at least.
Hawkeye!  One of the Olsen Lane cats, that huge situation.  The Olsen lane cats are the last cats I took in and that's been six years now.  They are the youngest of the cats here but all are at least between 6 and 7 years old.  Hawkeye is so named because she was the very last of 60 cats and kittens caught there.
Juno again
Brambles is one of the older guy cats here and is extremely sweet natured.
Dear Slurpy, Miss Daisy's very best friend.
Sassy is well known among the cats for her expressions and vocalizations of righteous outrage.
Lastly I will revisit the scamps, who come from a neighbors place to loot and trash my yard.

You would not know by looking at them.  They seem so innocent.


6 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:02 PM

    I didn't realise you quite so many long term residents. It is a bit like a nursing home for aged cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do and one reason I quit doing adoptions. What do you do when they are returned, sometimes months to years later. A good share of the cats left here went to homes but were eventually returned, for various reasons, including someone moving, dying, getting a dog, cat has health issues, you name it. Anyhow, so I quit adoptions and for the most part, don't get involved in taking in cats unless I have a place for them in mind.

      Delete
  2. Love your furry family. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing photos of your family! We wonder how much time Tilly has left. Her thyroid will be checked again this Thursday. My fingers are crossed her levels are better with the new medicine regimen. So far, younger (but also old) Jezebel hasn't had any health issues. Bless you for all your had work and loving care. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor baby. Sure is common, the hyperthyroidism, in older cats.

      Delete

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...