Friday, August 31, 2018

More Kittens

I am struggling with so many calls I cannot handle the stress sometimes.

No, I cannot take in 20 plus cats, all unfixed, from a guy in Crabtree who has been foreclosed on and has to get out soon.

No, I can't take 25 plus cats from an old woman who fed cats in a trailer park and is now in hospice.
On and on and on.   Until I want to scream and scream.

I did trap five tiny kittens between a bar and a pot shop.   The poor mom cat had 8 kittens.  Haven't caught the last three or her.  She has to be the last caught, with them, or they will die, they're that young.  The other five I drove to Animal Rescue and Care Fund today up north, met Lori in Wilsonville.  Turned right around to come home but then endured three hours of hell getting home.  Bumper to bumper traffic.  Stop and go.

At least the car brakes work well now.

Football season has begun and there's a home game down in Eugene at the U of O tomorrow I guess.  That turns the freeway into hell.  Plus its the Labor Day weekend holiday.  We celebrate here by getting stuck in traffic on roads not updated for capacity in 50 years.   Probably longer. We're over run now with out of staters who have moved here probably for the legal pot and the congested roads!
This is a backed up stop and go rural two lane road today. Went on for miles upon miles. I was trying to go feed the farm colony cats.   Well that didn't go so well.

So the poor little mom cat with her EIGHT kittens between the pot shop and the bar got me going again, long hours trying to trap, then trying to stay afloat here, keep up on chores, oh my.  I'm too old for this.

One of the three orange tabby male kittens

Aren't they cute?  Three orange tabby boys, one long hair, a black long hair boy and then only girl, that sweet cute teensy black tux.



That's all for now.  Five caught and all now up in good hands.

3 comments:

  1. Well done.
    I do hope you can catch the remaining three and their mama. And that you can then REST.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do too. Slept in this morning.

      Delete
  2. Oh, you're amazing. I'm sorry for the boundless frustrations. I so wish I could take some of those kittens! The tux looks a lot like my beloved gray and white Luna, rest her soul. And you know that orange tabby that walked through my life in the spring makes me want to adopt one or maybe a pair of brothers. Too bad I'm so far from you. ~hugs cross country~ Of course, my husband worries about inflicting any kittens upon our old girls. It seems to me youngsters might do Tilly and Jezebel good. ~grin~ We'll see what happens once the stress of home improvement ends. Jezebel hid the entire time contractors were staging for our deck replacement this morning. ~sigh~ Poor, squirrely old thing.

    I hope you are having a restful day.

    ReplyDelete

FCCO Trip on Half Decent Day

 Yesterday, early morning, I headed to FCCO with ten cats from the Scravel colony.   I don't get any records with the FCCO.  They are se...