Friday, June 08, 2018

Productive Week

The past week is a blur by now.

It's just after 4:00 a.m. here.  Why am I up?

Because I fell asleep last night "for a short nap" at 6:00 p.m.  I didn't wake up til 2:00 a.m.

It seems like ages ago I drove Gretal to the vet in Astoria. However it was just a day over a week ago. She's doing much better by the way.  It took about four days after she got that steroid shot, but now, no more stinky diarrhea.  I don't know how long her improvement will last.  The vet sent me home with another shot for July 1.  If they help, she'll send them to me.  Her diagnosis is IBS, Inflammatory Bowel.

Gretal is elderly, so any extra time she gets she and I both appreciate.

The trips wear me out, just the long drive in one day is enough!  But I dealt with it.

Then it was the cat round up that immediately followed.  I realized I had 14 reservations to fill last Monday, which also seems like ages ago.  In the end, this week alone, I got 15 cats fixed and took in two kittens I found.  They're already gone too.

It was an extremely productive week I'd say.

I'm very happy about it.

Here's yesterday's video of the latest kitten.  I took it just before he left for Heartland Humane also.

And then there are these two scoundrels, neighbor cats, who come to trash my catnip plants.


10 comments:

  1. No wonder you needed sleep. ~nods~ I hope you're feeling well today, and just as positive over all you accomplished. Thank you for the kitten video. I actually giggled with joy over that friendly little doll baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a very productive week, indeed! That kitten was so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the kitten was too cute for me, had to move him out fast or I would be tempted.

      Delete
  3. A very busy, and very productive week.
    I really don't know how you keep on keeping on. I am grateful though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:37 PM

    Wot EC said. You have made a huge difference in society.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think so Andrew? It's all I ever wanted to do, make things better, even on a small scale.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous3:33 PM

    Ahaa, its pleasant dialogue about this post at
    this place at this weblog, I have read all that, so now me also commenting here.

    ReplyDelete

FCCO Trip on Half Decent Day

 Yesterday, early morning, I headed to FCCO with ten cats from the Scravel colony.   I don't get any records with the FCCO.  They are se...