Monday, August 28, 2017

Smog and Cats

With summer winding down, panic starts to grip me, that I have not done anything really, to enjoy the sun.  Last winter was soul sucking in length and amount of gray and rain.

Yesterday I ran up to the lake, but got a late start and the smog was so horrible from all the wildfires burning in Oregon that from one boat ramp, it was almost difficult to see down to the lake.  Nonetheless, the lake was humming in boats, probably all full of people trying to get some fun in, ignoring the conditions to do so, knowing the long gray will soon be upon us.

Smog made nearby hills appear ghostly and barely visible

This was taken in the afternoon, with smog very very thick and smelly.  That's the lake down there.

Smog in Oregon, it is currently very bad
I didn't stay very long at the lake, then on the way back, stopped by a trailer park, as I knew there were some kittens there needing fixed.  I picked up Bruce Wayne, a little black teen, running wild up there, and put him in the car to be fixed.  His owner was just domestic assaulted, she said, showing me her swelling cheek.

This is Bruce.  He's being neutered today.
Then I stopped in Lebanon and picked up the last kitten, the last cat actually, needing fixed on the street where now I believe its 28 cats helped, most removed.   Check one colony off!   Her name is Baby Girl, and she's over four months old, but looks no more than 10 weeks.


Baby Girl is being spayed today.
Diana knew of a Tangent female in a trailer park badly needing spayed so brought her up.  She's a sweetie but has some scrapes and horrible fleas and has had too many litters!

Callie is being spayed today.
Awhile back, a woman just outside Albany had a female show up and pregnant.  She had her kittens and now Cora, the mom, is being fixed today.  Her kittens are almost but not quite weight grade for spay neuter.

Cora, being spayed today.
Next up, two wild kitties, being fostered up in Sweet Home, are being spayed also.  Hiss, the mom, and then Spit, her son or daughter, probably a girl though.  Their foster mom is hoping to tame them.

This is Hiss, the mom cat.  Getting all spayed today.

And Spit, her offspring, also getting fixed.
Lastly, ta duh, is the final cat, number 25, from the School Road colony.  Yes, they caught it, about 8:00 last night.   She or he will be picked up at the clinic by my barn cat placement friend, who still has most of her family members.  Yes, I named the cat Lastly.

Lastly, a little teen gray tux, last cat needing caught at the School Road colony, number 25 out of there, although now, the two the guy wants back, fixed boys Gemini and Star, will return.  Yay.

Lastly again.
Today the smog might be even thicker, or maybe it seems like it, because its also supposed to be close to 100 degrees today.  I'm staying inside, out of the foul air and heat, for the most part.

5 comments:

  1. I am glad that you are staying inside. Smoke from fires can be so very nasty.
    Love Hiss and Spit as cat names. It is something I do too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, its been very bad here lately, so many fires, so much smog. I wish it wasn't so, but that's life.

      Delete
  2. Glad that you are finishing up at the School Colony. But I'm sorry that you're still dealing with such bad air quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope soon it will clear up, but it may not do so til the rains comes and the fires are out.

      Delete

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...