Wednesday, April 22, 2015

S is for Sleep

S is for Sleep.

Snooze on!

You cannot Sleep when you have.......Bottle Babes!  Which I don't.

But, I did make a quick prototype of Fake Mom so one bottle babe mom at least might get a bit more Snooze time.



I used this old purse, to create fake mom.  Zipped inside it is a wool sock containing rice that can be microwaved.  I then topped it with a piece of faux fur.  When over at Karen's, I cut three holes in the faux fur and wound a pipe cleaner around the bottle neck.  The bottle nipple went through the middle hole. The pipe cleaner's two ends I inserted up through the other two holes.  I twisted the two ends together and thus the bottle nipple was held snugly in place through the faux fur hole.  Simplistic, but the kitten loved it.


Miss Daisy does not allow me my proper Sleep allotment. Instead, I have to snooze elsewhere, where she can't find me, to keep my Snooze time healthy.

This morning it was like hell.  I was vaguely aware of her attempts to awaken for me for an entire hour, before I finally could not take it anymore and got up at 6:00 a.m.  Cursed early light! Like that's what's to blame!

Miss Daisy is to blame.  Squarely so.  She's getting Senile, I Swear.

 I'd only gotten to bed, after getting home late from Karen's and then doing work on the nonprofit paperwork, at 1:00 a.m. believing erroneously that I could make up for the late bedtime by Sleeping in this morning.   I've taken to afternoon naps to atone for Miss Daisy's behavior, which is pathetic on so many levels.  But...Speaking of which....off for a nap, to catch up, right now, because I can't keep my eyes open.

 S is for Sleep. We all need more.

4 comments:

  1. Very clever substitute mom. Two of our cats (litter mates) were found at 5 days old and were bottle babies. However, that was long before we adopted them at 5 months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you adopted the pair when you did! Especially siblings together!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous1:23 PM

    How very inventive. Maybe you could think about making a human fake mom.

    ReplyDelete

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...