Wednesday, April 08, 2015

G is for Greenie


G is for Greenie.  Oregon Greenie!

Being a greenie is a level achieved on the ladder of Oregon yippidom.

In case you are really unaware, a yippy is a cross between a hippy and a yuppy.  You know, like when they breed, the offspring of a hippy and yuppy would be.....ok I'm kidding around.  Totally.

Being a greenie means you're super aware and wonderful and love the earth and possibly drive a Prius as your second car and you might have a bike and an Oregon specialized license plate which means you paid more to fund salmon or bike services (or something), even though an investigation revealed the state doesn't actually use the special license plate funds as they claimed they would be used.

No matter!  Who cares!  It's all about appearance!

I'm just being evil tonight.  I spent two days on a road trip with two feral cats. Medical tourism it might be called.  I go clear to the NW tip of the state to a clinic that's affordable to get dentals for the cats.  It's kind of tiring, although I do everything I can to enjoy myself even on difficult trips.  That's why I didn't create an F post.  I was up at 3:30 a.m. and on the road by 4:30 a.m. yesterday.

It's all good though.  Alexi had 14 teeth pulled.  But Stiletto needed only one pulled.   Thank you so much to those of you who donated to help!  I love you!  We love you here.

G is really for GRATEFUL, which is what I am for that clinic and for the people who helped make the trip possible for two more kitties in need.



2 comments:

  1. I am thrilled to hear that you were able to get two more cats helped.
    Now look after yourself. You must be 'xausted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks EC. I'm not as exhausted as I could have been. Long story, will write about it tomorrow probably. Lovely trip actually.

      Delete

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...