Friday, June 28, 2013

The Bored Cat Wrangler

What am I going to do with the rest of my life?

Sit around?  Complain?  Make snarky useless comments on online videos and facebook?

Read?

What the hell am I going to do with the rest of my life?

I've been searching for volunteer opportunities, local ones, since I have no intention of further damaging my car to help other people.  That would be self-destructive.

Most of the nonprofits in this county are church related or church run and that isn't something I could swallow.  I don't want to clean litter boxes either, for a shelter.  I clean plenty of litter boxes here.

It's not that easy to find a match up of interest for volunteering.  I'm not a people person. I don't want to sit and talk to somebody.  I'm no good at that.  I fall asleep in committee meetings.  They are high strength ambien to me.  I don't mean to fall asleep the moment a meeting begins, but I do.   I don't want to volunteer for any nonprofit whose staff and directors make huge salaries.  That is demeaning.

There must be something out there I could find to do.  Something meaningful and a match to my skills.

Would it not be nice if the two big shelters in this area would create a Cat Wrangler position.  When someone needed feral cats trapped and fixed, I'd be called.  There would be no cat removal however whatsoever.  I would be provided a vehicle and somewhere the cats could be fixed, even if it was transporting them to the FCCO, with a deal worked out with both shelters and the FCCO for payment.

When I wasn't trapping, I could do as I used to do, cruise craigslist or go door to door, searching out pockets of unfixed cats and kittens and get that done also, getting them fixed at whatever clinic the two shelters had set up for that.

Cat wrangling is highly effective in reducing the overpopulation problem.  I'm good at it.

But would they even consider it, or find a way to fund this effort or even work together to do it?

Probably not, but I might give it a shot.  No harm comes from asking.

It would be a progressive cost effective program, that's for sure.

I am still getting all kinds of calls for help.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...