Thursday, November 03, 2011

Dirty Dozen Fruits and Vegees. If you can only buy some organic, buy these organic

The fruits and vegees below are the so called "dirty dozen" the most sprayed fruits and vegees on the planet, and therefore the most toxic, soaked full of insecticides and pesticides. I knew apples were, and it makes sense on potatoes, that sit in the ground and absorb everything in the soil. I know local non organic farmers spray the hell out of cherry and peach trees. Imported grapes are well known to be full of toxic crap coming as they do from countries without any regulations or standards. Guess they all make sense. Non organic strawberries have no taste anyhow, so why bother. The California strawberries sold in Oregon stores in June are as tasteless as eating newspaper.

If you can only afford to buy a few things organic, the ones on the list would be a wise choice. Anything with skins, like avocados, Mangos, kiwis, bananas, onions, those are safer to buy non organic.

Supposedly, you can reduce the toxins you consume each day by %80, by simply buying any of the fruits and vegees on the dirty dozen list organic. I love apples but I don't like buying them anymore in the super market because I know what they're sprayed with. Over and over. Same with cherries. I once bought some out of country berries at the grocery outlet that made my lips go numb when I started to eat them. I tossed them. I know what makes lips go numb from accidentally kissing a kitty who had just been treated with Advantage: insecticides.

Apples
Celery
Peaches
Strawberries
Domestic blueberries
Nectarines
Sweet bell peppers
Spinach, kale and collard greens
Cherries
Potatoes
Imported grapes
Lettuce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dashing

 Got a message this morning.  Was I even really awake yet?   The weather has been really winterish, with winds, pouring rain, cold, even thu...