Friday, November 27, 2009

Four Cats in Need


A woman called KATA wanting to get what she called a "very pregnant" cat fixed. She said the cat came with the property and this would be her third litter this year. KATA called me and asked if I could get the cat fixed. I picked her up. She is a young long hair black tux female. She was not pregnant at all.

Ten days later, I got her two kittens fixed. They are adorable. One is smokey black, the male, medium hair, while the female is also a medium hair black tux, like her mom.

Then I get an e-mail from KATA the day before yesterday, about ten days after I last was involved in this situation. KATA wanted to know if I knew anything about a certain woman, who had called them needing to find immediate placement for two kittens and two adults, all fixed. The name matched that of the woman I had just helped.

I called her to find out what was going on. She said she had to pack up suddenly and leave, that the relationship with her boyfriend was very abusive and that she is now living with her mom and three kids in a tiny apartment, but hopes to be able to get another place soon. She said she is terribly worried about the cats, now all kicked outside and that she is going back to feed them, but will not be able to after the 1st.

I asked what she had done to try to find them homes and she said she'd left a message on Safehaven's answering machine and asked all her friends. No takers.

I don't know what to do. I guess her landlords have unfixed cats. I suggested she try to cut a deal with them, that I'd get their cats fixed if they'd take in those four. She said she would try but I have not heard back from her yet. It's all so sad for those cats.

The photo at the top is of the young mother, when I took her in to be fixed, but I did not get any photos of the two sweet kittens.

1 comment:

  1. that mother is beautiful...reminds me a bit of Toby in looks..

    ReplyDelete

Dashing

 Got a message this morning.  Was I even really awake yet?   The weather has been really winterish, with winds, pouring rain, cold, even thu...