Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Five Cats Being Fixed Today

Five cats are up being fixed today. One is a calico from Albany. A woman called Countryside searching for my number. She told them I would know her and that I'd helped her with cats before. So they gave me her number. Sure enough, I knew her. From last summer. She had an adult female with four kittens and an adult male and was being evicted. Nonetheless, all of the cats, including the kittens, got fixed.

I never heard frpm her again, other that she might be couching it in Salem, or near downtown Albany, and that the cats were all safe. I heard that from a friend of hers.

So she's been in rehab she tells me when I call her. She's been clean six months. The two cats needing fixed are the calico, owned by a friend, and a stray male she's feeding, she said. When I picked up the calico (male hadn't shown up) this a.m., my gosh she looks so much better, healthy, happy. Made me happy. And the two adult cats fixed last summer, they were right at her feet looking well cared for and happy, too. That woman has got a lot to be proud of, that's for sure.

The second calico comes from near Lacomb, cherished by the daughter of someone I helped once with strays a year or two back.

Then the other three are from Lacomb too and their owner took them to the clinic herself. They are loved and there are about twenty she owns, and the first three are being fixed today. Six more will be fixed Friday, and the other 11 or whatever number, next week. So this weeks cat round up has been very easy on me.

I also took five cats from here, due for rabies, up to the clinic. I took up Oci who has not had a rabies yet. I took up Brambles, from the HTN, who is due. I took up Shady, originally from the BS colony. I took up Stinod, from Tattoo Priarie originally. And, I took up Panda, from Lebanon. All five also got Profender, a back of neck treatment that kills round and tapeworms.

Still needing updated shots: Buffy, formerly of the BS colony; Solomon, originally from Lebanon; Gretal, trapped on the shoulder of HIghway 34, after being dumped at SafeHaven; Mooki, from Spcier Wayside; Electra, one of my own cats, Dex, also one of my own, and Spirit, abandoned in the Scravel Hill Cemetery. And that will do it for this year. EVeryone totally updated on worming, flea treatment, ear cleaning and shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dashing

 Got a message this morning.  Was I even really awake yet?   The weather has been really winterish, with winds, pouring rain, cold, even thu...