Monday, December 15, 2008

Winter Hits Oregon

Snow hit the mid valley last night. Snow shuts down the mid valley in Oregon. We don't see much snow in the valleys of Oregon. We do in the mountains, particularly the Cascades, not so much the Coast Range. But in the valley? Rare stuff indeed. So we love it, at least some of us do, we who rarely ever get out of the valley, to visit the mountains in the winter. We folks who don't or can't winter recreate, for whatever reason, do love it when winter, other than pouring rain, comes to us.







I lost an adopter today, some folks interested in two kittens. They were at Petco, and while there, decided instead to get two from KATA. I don't know why, but it gets to me. It gets to me I suppose because KATA gets community support. They get help from Heartland and Petco. I know they work hard to help cats. I feel like quite the outsider here, in the mid valley, so often. It's the old issues, of wanting to be accepted here, be good enough or something here, in my own community.

I guess it doesn't matter so much. Good for them, adopting out two kittens. I couldn't care less what KATA does or doesn't do anymore. We had a major falling out and it was long overdo. I just have to find homes for all these here. I hope I can. I will do my best.

4 comments:

  1. AND all those cats would be out there in that snow if it wasn't for Angel Jody.

    I love the cold weather as long as I am warm...but cannot help thinking of all the creatures out there in the cold when it gets this cold -- we're having a cold snap in LA right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In LA, really? A cold snap? I know it's hard to think of all the suffering that goes on out there, for all sorts of reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to live near downtown LA in what many consider a 'roughish' neighborhood...and there were lots of feral cat colonies and abandoned/stray dogs, something one does not see too often in LA. That's how I got into cat TNR, bought a trap etc (just had to do SOMETHING)...worked with a cat colony on my street, got most fixed and many placed. But yes, there was a lot of suffering...cats hit by cars, mauled by dogs, *actively* hunted by a group of men with dogs (I complained to the SPCA who did nothing....but that's another long story), just dead for no reason I could fathom...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a nightmare, Shefali, very brave to get involved in such a neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...