Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Update on Angel One From the Cemetery

I've dealt with two Angels lately. If you remember, Angel was one of the kittens abandoned with their mom, Spirit, in the Scravel Hill Cemetery. Ghosty, Angel's sister, got a home, but both Spirit and Angel remain here waiting.

With the bedroom floor project, I let all the cats, including Angel and Spirit, out of my spare bedroom, which had been the foster cat room. Angel disappeared. Later I found her under and inside the loveseat. She still gets under there, despite the fact she's growing to big to get under that small opening at the bottom, which now I intend to block somehow.

Last night, she was out playing and had pooped all over her long hair near her rear end and tail. I caught her and gave her a bath and stuck her in a rabbit hutch, until I can fix that darn loveseat to keep her out from under it.

This morning, I fired up the battery powered clippers and gave her a haircut. No, it's not perfect, that's for sure, but I think she feels better. She has exceedingly long thick undercoat hair. I put Munchy in there with her briefly, because he stuck his nose into and wanted to investigate. He's not happy about confinement but I'll let him out. I took these updated photos of Angel from the Cemetery.

By the way, Angel Two, the badly abused white cat, is doing well, SafeHaven told me yesterday, as a tripod, learning to navigate while still at the vet clinic.
Angel, with Munchy, whom I stuck into the rabbit hutch with her, when he insisted.
Angel, looking not entirely happy, after I gave her a clipper cut.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, Strayer (also known as the Original Angel :)). Hope you have a great Thanksgiving with your gang of sweeties...I know that like me, you're having a quiet stay at home thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update on the abused Angel. I'm glad he made it. Young Angel will feel better no doubt too. Whietsocks is right, you are the Original Angel, an example for everybody of what one human can achieve to make the lives of animals better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Munchy got a home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. someone adopted Munchy? A good home, I hope???
    Poor Angel...she says you forget to trim the moustache and beard!!! I just love her markings, they are so unique.
    and I am so glad for the update on our tripod Angel...That Angel will be zipping around in no time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Munchy got a very good home, but I already miss him. Angel is very cute and fluffy, too fluffy, she keeps pooping in her fur. That's why I trimmed it off, mostly around her butt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. she says, :"a little more off on the left of the moustache, please...even it out.."

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...