Tuesday, November 25, 2008

More Bizarre

I responded to someone posting about a lost cat on craiglist. It's a Siamese manx, allegedly a loved neighborhood stray. In Gladstone. Lost in Corvallis.

How'd this happen? According to the guy looking for the cat, a neighbor trapped him, stuffed him in a bag, put the bag in the trunk and transported him to the trailer park on Walnut and Highland in Corvallis. According to the guy looking for the cat, the perp's mother had lived in the trailer park until she moved to a nursing home, and he went down to clean out the trailer, and decided to dump off the neutered Siamese manx at the same time. Neighbors in Gladstone allegedly called the cops on the man after he bragged about it to another neighbor.

This one neighbor is still looking for the Siamese manx, dumped in Corvallis.

I get a call tonight but was in the bathroom. I did last call return and called back. Seems it's some guy in Gladstone, claims he has a feral cat in a trap and what can he do with it, wonders if I'll take it.

I said "You realize I"m in Albany?" "Yeah, well, anyhow, what can I do with this cat?" I said "I really don't know. Do you understand I'm in Albany?" How about getting it fixed and letting it go?

I was totally flabbergasted. Who in the world would call someone in Albany from Gladstone wanting them to take a cat in a trap, for them, and be calling after 8:00 p.m.?

I checked the addresses of both the man who'd trapped the cat and the one looking for the Siamese manx, trapped in Gladstone, dumped in Corvallis. They live about a half mile apart.

That's like twilight zoney.

Is this a coincidence? I never get calls from Gladstone. Is the man with the cat in the trap, the same despicable man who treated that Siamese so badly, putting him in a bag in a trunk and driving all the way to Corvallis to dump him out? That's an evil heartless person who did that. Was this the same guy, still out to kill cats? I don't know if it is.

I realize half a mile might seem not very far apart, but in a city, packed in houses, it's quite a ways, really.

But I think it's weird I'd be communicating with a man in Gladstone about a cat dumped in Corvallis, then get a call from some other man in Gladstone who has no manners i.e. calling a stranger that late to ask a favor, and wants me to take a feral cat he has in a trap now.

Well, today alone I've been asked to take on 21 more unfixed cats. Today, I've received no new offers of donations for spay/neuter. I think that says a lot about our little Oregon world. Don't you?

I think people would eat one another alive if they thought they could get away with it. That's pretty much my feelings these days.

I've not been feeling well, with my stomach messed up. And I've been really isolated lately, more so than usual. Lack of significant human contact can mess with your head after awhile.

3 comments:

  1. that's weird... Hang in there. I feel the same way about people in general, vicious and uncaring, but there are little things that give me hope...like knowing there are people like yourself out there who share my own kindness and compassion to animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aaron, thank you. It is a weird coincidence I think, to have two contacts from Gladstone suddenly. But probably is just a coincidence. What are you up to Aaron, for the holiday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. coincidence? Probably not...I bet its the same cat...
    I'll try to provide some insignificant human contact if I can....insignificant only because its long distance and virtual....perhaps someone could set you up with someone???? hahaha

    ReplyDelete

FCCO Trip on Half Decent Day

 Yesterday, early morning, I headed to FCCO with ten cats from the Scravel colony.   I don't get any records with the FCCO.  They are se...