Monday, September 08, 2008

Not My Cat Day, but......

Owned Albany female, being fixed today.
DMH brown tabby, from Corvallis complex, being fixed today.
DMH black, from Corvallis complex, being fixed today.
DSH gray, from Corvallis complex, being fixed today.


I messed up. I thought I had appointments today, but it's tomorrow. I do this cat day mess up infrequently, but I do it now and then. So, I arrive at Countryside with the four cats, three ferals from Corvallis and one tame Albany female and Laurie gives me that look. I thought, "Do I have something hanging from my nose?"

Then she says, "I'll take these cats, but your appointments are tomorrow." Then I remember. Oh my gosh.

After leaving the four there, I drove to the Marian trailer to pick up my traps. The couple claimed the three cats left there, an unfixed female, an unfixed male and the fixed male, had disappeared. But, there was the gray and white female, on the porch, when I arrived. I knew she would be. That's why I'd brought my drop trap along.

Took me five minutes to drop trap the very hungry cat. I stopped back by Countryside, and they agreed to get her done today also. So, five cats are up being fixed today, despite the fact I did not even have appointments!

I have two tame Albany boys lined up for tomorrow already. I hope to trap a few more at the Albany complex this evening. There are so many conflicting reports about how many there are, and who might have young kittens, and who feeds them or doesn't, it is difficult to sort out. The one thing I do know is there is a white adult female there, not fixed, who badly needs fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...