Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Mooki is Coming Back

I believe Mooki is coming back. He is apparently yowling all night. I bet he's lonely, having had so many friends here. Cats are very social creatures and normal cats love other cats. It's the abnormal cats who want to be single cats. This is something I've learned from exposure to so many cats. The idea that cats are solitary is a big fat myth. Abnormal cats want nothing to do with other cats, cats with issues, cats seperated from their mothers too early and isolated, single kittens, that sort of cat.

Normal cats get along with and want/need the company of other cats. Mooki is lonely is all, for all his friends here. The woman who adopted him lives in an apartment comoplex. They required a large deposit, too, so I am feeling bad for her, that it didn't work out. I will retrieve him today, I hope. I hope I can help her find a cat who wants to be a single cat and live inside. She is a very good person, the perfect adoptor, but, it is important to find the right match.

I've never heard Mooki even meow, let alone yowl, and he is yowling, she says, so badly neighbors are complaining. That's bad.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear this. So I take it the lady can't take two? (I'm sure you suggested that). I don't think people often realize how cats love to have other cats for company. Our three (all three rescued under different circumstances, so they are completely unrelated) totally love each other -- and even when they're irritated with the other(s) at least they're not bored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, she cant' take two and I really did think Mooki would get along just fine there. I don't like adopting out to single cat households at all, don't think it's healthy for the cat. I never adopt out a little kitten as an only cat unless the human is one who is home most of the time (elderly/disabled/housewife with kids.

    I know what you mean about them getting into tiffs, being temporarily irritated with one or the other, but buddies nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...