Saturday, June 21, 2008

Another Kitten Dead

Bootleg, from HTN, one of Forgetmenot's boys, died in surgery today. For unknown reasons he began bleeding from the mouth and nose, right after surgery. This can be caused by improper intubation, but they said he was not intubated. So, the reason is a mystery, but Bootleg is gone. The other three boys were taken in by a tech at the clinic, who does what I do, and suffers the same things. I felt guilty her taking them in, when she already does so much.

And Forgetmenot herself was really spayed today. She had been opened up before. They didn't just forget to operate on her in March. Today, a different vet there found a very long spay scar. So why, in March, was the job not done, and she just opened up but never had her ovaries and uterus removed? I don't have a clue. But it's done now.

I took up 13 cats in all. Forgetmenot was done at no cost, due to the mistake in March as were her four boys, because they would not have been born if the job had been done in March. Two of Forgetmenot's kittens are now dead---the little girl and now Bootleg. Three survived.

The other 8 I took up were 8 of 11 kittens at the Pine Meadow situation, which isn't a good situation, with that woman moving in a month and there being six adults and 11 kittens she cares for. All these cats were abandoned by a different neighbor when that neighbor moved. All but three, three female kittens, at least are now fixed. I took up four black males, two brown tabby males, a blue tabby male and a torti point Siamese.

After leaving the clinic, I went to the rest area south of Wilsonville and slept awhile in the back of my car.

When I got home just now, there is a message on my machine from a Salem family who adopted Simba and Willy Wonka, two Siamese kittens, back last fall. The man wants me to call him. Nothing good will come of calling him. He likely wants me to take them back, for some lame reason, after all these months. And I can't. I just can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Five More Cats

 I took five cats up to be fixed yesterday.    I went Sunday morning back up to the Sweet Home 7-11 colony.   I was there by 7:00 a.m. and d...