Monday, May 12, 2008

Tooth Gone! Fast and Painless

My problem tooth is gone. The procedure was quick and painless done under local anesthesia--novacaine shots. They gave me the tooth in a little bag. A fine looking tooth it is, in my opinion. However, the backside has a large cavity. Must be that one extending down into at least one nerve root.

The office staff were very nice and so was the doctor. Really nice people.

Anyhow, I'm in for the night and so far, no pain from the evacuated hole left and no swelling.

Here's a funny thing about filling out paperwork. They always want a contact in case of emergency. Who do single people without family put down? Well, this time, I hemmed and hawed and finally put down a name, without address or phone number and told them I wasn't expecting to fill such information out and had left the person's number and address at home. Problem solved. It was kind of a half truth.

Truth is, I don't have an emergency contact. My emergency contact is me, I guess I'd have to say. If I have an emergency concerning my health, contact me! Well, that's about the long and short of it. And if I'm dead, well nobody needs contacted anyhow. My body can rot in the morgue or be tossed on a bonfire or fed to stray cats. Whatever. If I die here at my place alone, at least my cats can eat for probably six months on my body alone. Hahahaha. By that time my brother will have noticed I haven't paid rent and maybe will come up and investigate. Whatever.

I do have people's numbers I carry in my wallet, in my car and that are posted on my frig who would come take care of my cats if I died or became badly injured. I even have a list of people who will help find them homes if something happens. I will ask one of them if I can use them as an emergency contact.

My excavation site (empty hole where my tooth once proudly stood, or rather, hung) is feeling nice and smooth. My tongue keeps going there. Well, my tongue thinks the big hole is an oddity and wants to check it out.

So far, at least, I've just had a bit of "thinning" in my mouth, no clearcutting of my old growth teeth. I hope to avoid clearcuts in my mouth. This old tree, that toppled today, had rotted roots, but it was good tooth up to a few months ago. However, I won't miss it. I really won't. I might be able to chew again without first icing up one side of my face. I'm looking forward to that.

No more sitting at intersections, with my tooth screaming bloody murder, and me, at that red light, searching with my left hand for those pliers I keep for various repairs, in the drivers side door panel. Then laying those pliers on my lap and trying to resist the urge to stick those dirty things in my mouth and grab ahold of that angry wasp and yank on it, get it out of there and put that pain to rest.

Tomorrow Jake and Jimbo are going to their new home, a barn type home. They will be very happy to get out of that rabbit hutch, that's for sure.

The five kittens in my bathroom are highly adoptable types, all polydactyls, three orange tabbys and two tortis. Anyhow, it was great to see my buddy Tamara, for a few minutes up at the vets this morning. She's incredible, what she accomplishes, with flair and a positive attitude, too.

Here's something useful: Did you know you can rent first run movies and other movies from machines at places like Safeway and I believe even McDonalds for about a buck for one day? That is unbelievably cheap. This is now how I rent movies and can afford to do so easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Five Cats Fixed Yesterday

 Two Liliths from two towns were fixed yesterday.  Coincidence?  I guess. This Lilith is from Lebanon and was left behind by her people at a...