Thursday, May 29, 2008

Stupid Me



Stupid me. I returned the four cats from Poohcow colony, south of Shedd and stupidly grabbed the four brown tabby kittens. Then I trapped one more adult. Then I released the final female I had not yet released, who had been lactating and followed her into the berry vines to where her three kittens were, howling and hungry. I grabbed them, despite the fact I had forgotten my gloves and was getting torn up by berry vines. I cut many away using a pocket knife. I then reached into the brush and pulled mom back out and stuffed her in with her kittens. She will go back, that's for sure. For now, I want her to do the work of caring for all seven kittens.

Why is this stupid? Because I'm exhausted and over extended already, caring for too many unwanted Linn County assholes' cats already. And I got so little money and time to do it on. And I'm half to the breaking point from dealing with assholes, who take advantage of me. Linn County is chock full of assholes.

(I swear way more when fed up, disgusted, exhausted and really wanting to run away).

I left the Poohcow colony man a dissertation I wrote in my car while waiting on traps there today. It was all about being responsible and donating, because it ain't free to get cats fixed, transport them to the vet, pay for bait, or care for kittens. I told him that. I taped the pages to his trailer door. We'll see if he coughs anything more useful than shit up. You know, like good cold cash. Or a vacation to somewhere real nice and relaxing. I'd take the latter in a heartbeat.

So, of the four kittens of the very in heat brown tabby on white, spayed yesterday, one, the gray tabby, is a girl and the other three, all brown tabbies, are boys. They're six weeks. Of the three owned by black mom, spayed yesterday, one is a smoke while the other two are black. All three are boys. They are three weeks and they like me. Wow. At least I have kitten friends. That's impressive and you know it.

Buffers, River and Thumbs are over being fixed at Heartland through KATA. River will not return, but rather go home with a KATA volunteer. Buffers and Thumbs return here but both are spoken for. So the polys are out of here.

That leaves me with the wrecking yard four, and their mom, and now seven from Poohcow, six boys and one girl, and their mom, plus the three I'm fostering for SafeHaven, but they, once 8 weeks and fixed, will go back to SafeHaven. So I have 14 kittens here currently, plus Buffers and Thumbs, who will be here until their adoptors come by the first week in June. 16 kittens to care for. Plus my crowd. I don't regret taking these Poohcow kittens. I should, I know. Maybe I'm turning into a sicko collector.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...