Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Kitten Photos!

SafeHaven asked me to foster three feral kittens. At first, when I thought I had no mother for these four bottle babes, it was to be an exchange--they take the four bottle babes into foster, I foster the three feral kittens someone brought in from Three Lakes Road. But then I caught the mom who is feeding her own kittens now. Anyhow, the three ferals are here, too, and not that feral---two gray tabbies, a boy and a girl, and a black tux boy. Plus, I went out to pick up my traps at the wrecking yard where I got the four kittens and mother, and spotted the male. He took a turn into the brush then nonchalantly walked one rail of the railroad tracks, showing off I suppose. I set a trap for him, but he's wily and roaming a large area. I took a photo of him, however. And one of mom with her kittens. She is actually a muted torbi tux and very content currently.

Two of the SafeHaven fosters I currently have in my bathroom.


This is the male I followed today and want to catch.
Mom, with her kittens.

7 comments:

  1. Great posts, Strayer. Loved reading about the mommy cat with her kittens -- and your other stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Whitesocks

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just bet mom is a happy camper now...probably the first litter she's actually managed to feed and have survive. When my friend was out trying to catch my Sadie (before she was mine) Sadie lost one litter, she wasn't even 9 months old, even with food available she couldn't keep the kittens alive. She settled right in with the second litter, having been trapped, and proceeded to be the best mom she could.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, this mom is so happy. I give her food at least three times a day and she eats it, then goes back to settle in with the kittens. I pull one or two out now and then, to feed them extra and check hydration. They're eyes opened yesterday, at least two of the kittens eyes did. The torbi kittens' eyes opened first. Then it was one of the gray tuxes, the girl. The two boys still have eyes closed, or did this morning. I bet they're open now, too.

    Just caught that male.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta get the guys! Snip snip and suddenly all the females in the area are a little happier...

    ReplyDelete

Dashing

 Got a message this morning.  Was I even really awake yet?   The weather has been really winterish, with winds, pouring rain, cold, even thu...